DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Be careful your not using the enclosure too much as a means to do EQ work. Your GD may get out of control and that expensive sub might sound not so expensive

If it’s too punchy (which to me sounds like it has good transient response but poor low extension) was any eq used to tame the peak that in the 50-60s ?

And what was the QTC of the sub and box? It sounds like qtc might no over 1 and no eq work. This sub should sound great. Although 30l is sorta small I do agree, it depends what qtc is

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I am not well experienced about qtc and other terms i dont understand :(

I want to have max power and short bass fast bass. I like the quality but the power is not sufficient. I have 2 pcs 33wx2 in 40 liters each box sealed. I am not sq because sq is not powerfull and loud i want LOUD AND POWERFULL FAST BASS. what specs should be the box best. Vented boxes are normally louder but they are not controlled bass like sealed box? Evrybody installs these subs in sealed boxes 😔
I think you have the wrong idea about SQ as well , SQ can get loud as well , but the sound quality of the sub is what your after , which will play everything just right, tight, fast , low bass

do you have a deck? Or dsp
If you can turn down 62hz like 10db if you have a Kenwood or 50hz on a pioneer deck and increase sub gain a tad to compensate it should play lower and not be so much hard hits only

download winisd and design your box , put the parameters in for your sub and determine qtc , it’s a easy DIY project that you’ll learn a shot ton on what’s happening

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I’ve noticed focal has no problem recommending enclosures with high Qs

I’ve seen some very high Q designs from them that sound great , for instance the flax shallow 10 , it’s Qts is like 1 and with the box gives a QTC of like 1.3 (off the top of my head I can’t remember but it was definitely over 1)

and all that means is once you start getting above .7 it rolls off very fast and it has a peek at the knee. That doesn’t necessarily mean a bad design it just means a high Q .....

I think you would be happy with a QTC around .9 , but you got a remember you’ll never get below the QTS of the speaker.... so maybe more box volume and some EQ

but again I would definitely explore what’s going on find out where your Q is at and work from there

I wouldn’t jump for ported just because somethings not right at the moment

1 - 3 of 3 Posts