DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

i followed Hanatsus Guide and learned alot by playing around... very nice guide!

But i think i missed something or maybe i need just a little help. As i said i followed the quide and used REW to setup my crossovers and AutoEq'd with a first run. But before going on with another run for optimization i measured the whole system to see whats the current status:

Rectangle Slope Line Plot Font

It seems i have bigger problems in the area where sub+mids are crossover (around 120Hz in the plot)... and the same where mids and highs are crossing over (around 2k in the plot). What would be the next step to find out how that drop and raise can be solved? Could it be that i have a phase problem between the sub and mids?

I verified that all speakes are using the same polarity, but maybe its the acousting phase because of the delays??

Thanks for every comment and help!

Bye Nino

PS: I attached the filters i applied at the dsp (which differs a bit from autoeq because of technical restrictions). It includes the crossovers at the dsp.

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could be a phase and/ta issue. The audiofrog tuning guide is helpful if you haven't read thru it.

Erinh also had a video on integrating subs and midbass.
thanks! I currently reading it and learn again!

You should overlay your individual drivers and sub response with the system response.
you mean I should use All SPL view with all drivers enabled or is there some other function?

· Registered
707 Posts
That big peak at 37hz is most likely coming from the Mid-Base's, not the subs.....

· Registered
4,319 Posts
Hi everyone,

i followed Hanatsus Guide and learned alot by playing around... very nice guide!

But i think i missed something or maybe i need just a little help. As i said i followed the quide and used REW to setup my crossovers and AutoEq'd with a first run. But before going on with another run for optimization i measured the whole system to see whats the current status:

View attachment 333123

It seems i have bigger problems in the area where sub+mids are crossover (around 120Hz in the plot)... and the same where mids and highs are crossing over (around 2k in the plot). What would be the next step to find out how that drop and raise can be solved? Could it be that i have a phase problem between the sub and mids?

I verified that all speakes are using the same polarity, but maybe its the acousting phase because of the delays??

Thanks for every comment and help!

Bye Nino

PS: I attached the filters i applied at the dsp (which differs a bit from autoeq because of technical restrictions). It includes the crossovers at the dsp.
I'd run a live RTA with just the subs and midbass and try different crossover slopes and types to see what effect they have. Maybe you need a Butterworth crossover on the subs if you're running Linkwitz-Riley, or vice versa.
Then try the same with mids and highs.
Did you eq the crossover region on each driver? Not doing that could also be a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.