DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of Pro's, and I'm using them active so these pretty little contraptions are of no use to me. I have all the crossover plugs, and the crossovers themselves are still sealed in the plastic wrap they put on them.

I also have a set of those Walmart Ribbons if you want to try them out. I bought them to test but "meh", don't have any way to test them out properly. They sounded damn good to me though!

Not sure what the crossovers are worth, so I'll say $100 shipped for the set. I can take pics if you want, but most people know what they look like.

For the Ribbons, I'd say $50 shipped is fine. That's what they charge at Wal-Mart, but I figured I can throw these in a box that'll ship across the nation fairly cheaply. I want to keep them, but I have nothing for them to go in to, and I really want to have someone try them out that can critically test them.

Pics for those:

If I'm off on pricing, just PM me and let me know. I don't need either of these two gone, but I figured they are better off in the hands of a fellow member than with me, unused and stored.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumpage.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one wants?

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump. Nobody wants these to do flexible passives? Really?

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump. Name your price if you want either the ribbon tweeters or the crossovers.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You found ribbons at Wal-mart? I have never seen such a thing......crazy.
Yeah, actually someone on here picked up a set and liked them, so I figured it was worth the $50.

And...turns out, they are! I ran them for a while in a few tests and loved their response. All I had to do was tone down some of the higher ranges w/ my EQ (probably due to glass reflections.) The reason they aren't in my car now? They don't fit anywhere I want them, and I have a pair of beloved PRO ring radiators now anyway. Still, I've offered them up for critical testing to ANYBODY who wants them, and if someone wants to buy them then so be it. I bought them really for the forum's benefit. All I ask is that if you want to test them, be sure to fully review them w/ proper equipment in a objective manner (and of course in your own subjective opinions.)

Do some digging on this forum for Walmart Ribbons and you'll see what you need.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YAY!

Did I get all the parts you need to them?

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome.

And to the group, I'd like to add that I have some other items I'd be willing to sell...

I have an Eclipse SW8000 in pretty good condition. It is SUPER heavy, moreso than a DIYMA I think, so we'll have to talk about shipping. But I would take $100 + shipping I think. These are serviceable units, 4ohm SVC. They do dip low in inductance halfway down, so I recommend a robust 2ohm stable amp power it.

I still have the Ribbons for someone to try out. You can definitely try them before you buy them, if you want. I would simply ask that you pay for their shipping which should be only $8 or so. And if you don't like them, just ship them back in the same condition.

I also have a pair of old-school JL 10W3's I found lying around in my storage, they are D4 voice coils, and are in good to OK condition (but sound just fine.) Is $50 each+ ship fair there?

I've got no clue to what some of this is worth, so if I'm off base you just let me know and I'll do my best.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts