1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product Brand & Model:

Scan Illuminator Tweeters 3/4" D2004​
Condition of all items:

Used roughly one year - aside from normal mounting hardware scuffing, excellent condition and perfect performance. They'll be shipped in the original boxes.​

Total Price: :

List for $242 per pair, selling for $185 shipped in 48 states​

Shipping Terms: :

USPS or Fedex Ground insured - I pack well and ship quickly as a rule.​

Pictures:
(The small ones =)​

Additional info:

I have a record of many positive experiences as a seller here and on ebay as hickerso1. Rest assured that you're dealing with someone who wants you to be fully informed and happy with your purchase. Please contact me via email if possible - jim dot hickerson at charter dot net.

For complete details, check here: ScanSpeak Illuminator D2004/6020-00 Tweeter: Madisound Speaker Store

Lastly, I'll ship to the first person who's payment arrives in my paypal account - which is the same as the address above. Gift preferred, but not necessary - I hope to have earned your respect, but I've been around enough to know that not everyone is comfortable with that and don't want that to stand in the way of a sale.​

Thanks for looking and happy 2012!

Less - aka Jim

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hola again,

Actually, to think that they look like they were prefab is kind of flattering I suppose, lol. I built them by hand though... cut oval patterns out of 3/4 MDF - one face plate and several cut outs that fit behind it. Once I got them all together, I used a stationary sander to smooth out the sides where my scroll saw work wasn't perfect, then coated the whole thing with a couple layers of rubberized kick panel coating. The trickiest part was JB Welding the bolt in place that connects to the adjustable home theater style surround sound mounts.

Also, it appears these have sold =) Now I just have to decide what I'm going to install in their place... I'll probably end up regretting the change, but I got that wild hair! I'm considering Hiquphon OW-1s with milled down faceplates, Morel 23s and Zapco ESB 400s. Are there any other interesting tweeters out there in the $200 price range I should be looking at?

Jim

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Hola again,

Actually, to think that they look like they were prefab is kind of flattering I suppose, lol. I built them by hand though... cut oval patterns out of 3/4 MDF - one face plate and several cut outs that fit behind it. Once I got them all together, I used a stationary sander to smooth out the sides where my scroll saw work wasn't perfect, then coated the whole thing with a couple layers of rubberized kick panel coating. The trickiest part was JB Welding the bolt in place that connects to the adjustable home theater style surround sound mounts.

Also, it appears these have sold =) Now I just have to decide what I'm going to install in their place... I'll probably end up regretting the change, but I got that wild hair! I'm considering Hiquphon OW-1s with milled down faceplates, Morel 23s and Zapco ESB 400s. Are there any other interesting tweeters out there in the $200 price range I should be looking at?

Jim
Indeed it is a testament to your workmanship. Great job!

The HiQ's are great, along with the Peerless HDS if full-size is not a concern. The DLS Iridiums are great as well.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear buyer

Please check your email and get back with me.

Thanks!
Jim

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Also, it appears these have sold =) Now I just have to decide what I'm going to install in their place... I'll probably end up regretting the change, but I got that wild hair! I'm considering Hiquphon OW-1s with milled down faceplates, Morel 23s and Zapco ESB 400s. Are there any other interesting tweeters out there in the $200 price range I should be looking at?Jim
Seems like you are letting an interesting set of tweeters go? You know (Nguyen) npdang thought these were better than the Hiquphons.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let's see now, I've sold my first set of Hiqupons, Scan Air Circs (these I'd take back but can't afford now lol - plus they're big!), Focal T52s, ESBs, ADSs and more. Most any of these were truly fine tweeters in truth, but sometimes I just like to try something new =)

Eventually, I'll find something I don't want to trade away. If I hadn't wanted to try Apillar pods one last time though, I'd have never gotten rid of the air circs ...especially nice tweeters imho. In the end, kicks just seem to sound better to me - or maybe in my car.

Jim

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Let's see now, I've sold my first set of Hiqupons, Scan Air Circs (these I'd take back but can't afford now lol - plus they're big!), Focal T52s, ESBs, ADSs and more. Most any of these were truly fine tweeters in truth, but sometimes I just like to try something new =)
Eventually, I'll find something I don't want to trade away. If I hadn't wanted to try Apillar pods one last time though, I'd have never gotten rid of the air circs ...especially nice tweeters imho. In the end, kicks just seem to sound better to me - or maybe in my car.
Jim
I see...you get bored. Well, maybe wait a couple of weeks....CSS is going to have a silk dome XBL low distortion tweeter available.
VWR126X Mid Woofer and LD25X Silk Dome Tweeter Preliminary Info - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Meniscus says they think they will be under $100 each?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've always been intrigued by their products... especially now that they're getting into more high end practices, still I'm not terribly comfortable buying something made in China for high end audio. Speaking of Chinese made, I ran across these the other day and have to confess that - given the reviews I've read on the speakers that these are reported to come from, they'd be almost worth the bucks just to give a go: pair HIEND

I'll close this thread tomorrow - the drivers are sold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts