DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Is this a good or bad idea?

• Good idea... lets get this going soon.

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Bad Idea... like it the way it is.

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since nobody can really give any feedback about this in the DIYMA ideas thread I thought it might be a good time to have others opinions on this while the site is being upgraded, etc. The idea would be to make sub forums for each category to allow members to find specific items quicker and for sellers to sell their stuff more efficiently.

Decks and Processors

Amps

Speakers and Subs

Wanted and Trade

then a Misc. Items or Accessories for things like deading, speaker wire, power wire...etc.

or if thats to much, then possibly three or so different ones like

New items

Used items and

Want / trade.

there are pros and cons of this...

cons: more things to manage for the mods, and also multiple posts to be made for users selling various equipment...

pros:possibly less bumps needed per item, easier to locate specific items based on need.

I'm sure you get the general idea, lets see what can be done and if you agree or have some other thoughts that would be good too.

peace...

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,359 Posts
Personally, if you are going to organize it, the furthest I would go would be FS/WTB.

Agreed, I have as we speak 1 amp, 2 xovers, 1 pair of speakers, and an eq for sale. It would be a PITA to put up all those ads. Good idea but would be a nightmare for the sellers to list.

·
18,499 Posts
I suggest adding another choice:

Option #3:
F/S (Audio Gear)
WTB: Everything
F/S: Misc (non audio gear)

This is actually how most sites are set up and I find it easier to navigate. Plus, it keeps all the extra 'stuff' separate from the audio gear.

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,359 Posts

Option #3:
F/S (Audio Gear)

This is actually how most sites are set up and I find it easier to navigate. Plus, it keeps all the extra 'stuff' separate from the audio gear.

That would work. Much easier than having to seperate everything out.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I voted to leave it the way it is just because this is the fastest moving forum that I have ever seen, so that tells me it works?

·
Registered
288 Posts
On the contrary. People just add stuff everyday and continually bump their ads. It's rare that something sells quickly.
Really?
I have found the opposite, but I only frequent a few different forums and compared to them this one moves a lot more.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

Option #3:
F/S (Audio Gear)

Thats a good one... ye, it is a bit annoying to see non-audio gear up in the mix.... hopefully something like your suggestion gets put into effect.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I like the idea of:

F/S (Audio Gear)

plus
Trade/Free: Audio Gear

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Based on experience of running other audio forums, it is not a good idea. It sounds like it would work, but in the end it is more work and multiple topics for anyone who wants to sell more then just one type of thing.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Based on experience of running other audio forums, it is not a good idea. It sounds like it would work, but in the end it is more work and multiple topics for anyone who wants to sell more then just one type of thing.
Well we can all agree that making individual topics for each item would be a PITA......

so right now we're just concentrating on the idea of seperating some of the clutter by using this for an example:

F/S (Audio Gear)

plus
Trade/Free: Audio Gear

Is this how you had it in your forums?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
gonna also pm Ant to see if this will eventually fly or not.... might be a waste of effort altogether.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update from Ant

We are actually working on a new version of classified system from the home page.
It should work with the forum
We will have it all set up withint he next 2 weeks or so

ANT
Thanks for everyones input, hopefully this new Classifieds section will be even better.

peace...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts