DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Don you know how I said I was going to see a bloke called tonny from your homeland... say hello... he knows his stuff and is a multi time Netherlands Emma champion... I agree with his take on putting 5” up top... and don’t aim them at the opposite sides ears 😉 Window reflections will make the stage collapse inwards... there is a reason most aim speakers up and more down the car...
Yeah I thought that this was the Tonny you were talking about... 😊
I'll sent Tonny a message. 👍

About the aiming, before I was more about the SQ and less of the perfect imaging (bc I heard it could hinder the SQ when getting perfect image right for competition points, and I dont compete). But since I am going to use a dsp now (for the first time and finally can use TA) I lean more towards having a nice image too (but with SQ priority)... bc a nice image is great too!..

So thanks for pointing this out!
And I thought more towards the inner ear (instead of outer ear) of the oposite seat. But maybe even more on axis and a bit more tilted up as you suggested...
So sort of like Nigel has from your country in his blue BMW 5 series. Do you know what I mean?
A bit like this:

(I dont know if its okay to use this pic, if not please let me know!)

And the plan was with the tweeter on top vertically... (which I just red has benefits, as Skizer wrote about. And as a home loudspeaker freak I can understand, though some have the tweeters off centre, or even aside like my Apogee Duetta).

I drove around with black towels around mids and it didnt really hinder the sight. It has a wide front window.. so I guess 5" could be okay too...
I will see....

And with the 8" in the kicks... I think it might become a nice setup... 😊

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
These are worth the read.

Indeed, interesting!
I finished the first, 2nd tomorrow. Thanks! 👍

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Yeah I thought that this was the Tonny you were talking about... 😊
I'll sent Tonny a message. 👍

About the aiming, before I was more about the SQ and less of the perfect imaging (bc I heard it could hinder the SQ when getting perfect image right for competition points, and I dont compete). But since I am going to use a dsp now (for the first time and finally can use TA) I lean more towards having a nice image too (but with SQ priority)... bc a nice image is great too!..

So thanks for pointing this out!
And I thought more towards the inner ear (instead of outer ear) of the oposite seat. But maybe even more on axis and a bit more tilted up as you suggested...
So sort of like Nigel has from your country in his blue BMW 5 series. Do you know what I mean?
A bit like this:
View attachment 275251
(I dont know if its okay to use this pic, if not please let me know!)

And the plan was with the tweeter on top vertically... (which I just red has benefits, as Skizer wrote about. And as a home loudspeaker freak I can understand, though some have the tweeters off centre, or even aside like my Apogee Duetta).

I drove around with black towels around mids and it didnt really hinder the sight. It has a wide front window.. so I guess 5" could be okay too...
I will see....

And with the 8" in the kicks... I think it might become a nice setup... 😊
Last time I saw nige he just left me with it (I’ve known him for 15+ yrs and his iPad mini in the centre console and I had a good listening session... nige’s are definitely not on axis to the opposite side headrest... more aimed at the own sides headrest, they are also on axis enough to not roll off too badly, helped by the fact that for judging his seat is all the way back and reclined a fair bit... it’s just driveable with... but don’t think it would equate to a daily driving position... it’s set up for Emma 100% and isn’t a daily driver... think of how you’d have seats to sleep in your car and you’re not far off, the back of the seat touches the back seat 😂

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
😂 that is funny!... made me have a good laugh.... 👍
Bc... I also have my seats in about the same position..... as I am 6'7 tall 😂
We are a bit higher than avarage here in the Netherlands....

Okay so more on axis, and indeed better for the roll off too... also bc I want to cross my tweeter rather high, so its outside the critical hearing frequencies.... And bc I am not all over the place with my head (unless I see some nice chicks walkin....) 😄, it doesnt really need low crossing... (which would give better dispersion)

How did Nigels car sound?... I am guessing very good!..

Are his 6" in kicks IB outside? Or also venting in sills?... I was curious about that...

41 - 44 of 44 Posts