DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed all Kicker equipment in my truck. I went for a stealth look except for my sub box which sits in my back seat. I didn't like the sound of the Q-Logic box that fits under the seat. I am using the factory head unit for now. I used a harness from PAC that plugged into my factory harness and head unit which included RCA front and back outs. Keep in mind that this was a budget install and by no means do I intend to compete. I just enjoy my music and I like it loud. Here's a list of the components in the system:

Ford Factory Head Unit
4 Kicker DS 680's in the doors
1 Kicker CVR 10" in 1.3 Cu Ft vented enclosure
1 Kicker ZX 300.1 on sub
1 Kicker ZX 100.2 on door speakers
Audiovox ExpressR XM Satellite Radio
Scosche Cables, Wiring, and Distribution Block

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sweet man, looks to be a decent upgrade. Have you ever considered subwoofers that are under the seats? (a little more stealthy)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't like the way the box under the seat sounded. It also didn't have enough airspace for the CVR. I am going to make some brackets that will attach to the child seat tiedowns to keep the box from flying if involved in an accident.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I didn't like the way the box under the seat sounded. It also didn't have enough airspace for the CVR. I am going to make some brackets that will attach to the child seat tiedowns to keep the box from flying if involved in an accident.
Definitely a good idea. If you were to be involved in a rollover, the last thing you want is 80 pounds of subwoofer and box flying around the cabin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts