DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was cruisin the net and somehow stumbled on this....Vexmat Sound Damping Material 100 Sq Feet

cheap price...from the picture it looks similiar to SS but cant find any info about the company and their website is lacking too.

Just thought ide share some knowledge for anyone on the lookout for deadener.

·
Premium Member
11,520 Posts
Before you say it looks like SS you should ask how thick the aluminum foil is and how thick the mat is as well. Also what is the mat made of- butyl, asphalt, or a combination of both?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Or better yet, ask where SS got it. That's an even better question.

Especially now that I know where he usually gets his "new" ideas.

·
Registered
178 Posts
# SPECS Black core, aluminum top layer, peel away paper backing
# Peak Performance Temperature range
# 20 deg F - 180 deg F
# Maximum Continuous Temp: 275 deg R
# Maximum Intermittent Temp: 400 deg F
# Resists water and most oils
# Store at room temperature for best results
# Self Extinguishing
# Meets Flammability MVSS302

·
Registered
236 Posts
***I'm damping dumb***

I've used it on the doors of my wife's car and the last product prior to that I've used was Stinger Expert RoadKill, so that is my comparrision.

Overall it just didn't seem as heavy duty as the Exp Roadkill, but pretty damn close. Roadkill seemed to have a wee bit thicker backing and was a little more sticky, All in all, the Vexmat sealed up her doors very well and gave them a nice thud instead of the pop can ting they had before. Easy to work with and would most likely buy again.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Before you say it looks like SS you should ask how thick the aluminum foil is and how thick the mat is as well. Also what is the mat made of- butyl, asphalt, or a combination of both?
Whoah!! easy fella LOL. I'm personally sticking with SS...I go with what works.

As for me saying it looks like SS. I was referring to the overlap of foil and the general size. I dont care if this is who makes the stuff...Im sticking with SS. They have shown me bad ass customer service and thats something you dont just walk away from.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts