DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Got this box from Atrend. Problem is the volume specs are wrong. The top firing subs are 1.35 cubic feet and front firing subs are .95 cubic feet, instead of being 1.15 cubic feet each like advertised. I have four Infinity 1260Ws (which need 1.25 cubic feet) will this cause a sound issue? Would polyfill help with front firing subs?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
I would make em take it back, but they will prolly make you pay shipping.

if it were me, I would common chamber the up-firing and front-firing chambers. that will net you 1.15 cuft for each sub.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

Got this box from Atrend. Problem is the volume specs are wrong. The top firing subs are 1.35 cubic feet and front firing subs are .95 cubic feet, instead of being 1.15 cubic feet each like advertised. I have four Infinity 1260Ws (which need 1.25 cubic feet) will this cause a sound issue? Would polyfill help with front firing subs?
First off I would cut a hole between the top chamber and the side one to make sure each sub is getting equal amounts of airspace. Start with one pound per cubic feet to help get the Q down, you may need more. It all comes down to your personal taste. ....

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
My model of an older 1252 shows 1dB difference at 30Hz and less than 0.5dB difference 40Hz and up. It is -3dB at 48hz. You could invert the smaller enclosure subs or cut a hole, I just doubt anyone could hear a difference at .5dB. Stuffing the smaller side should make it even less of a difference. Are you positive you measured correctly?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
I would cut out all but about 2 inches all the way around. that will serve as a nice brace and still give room to breath.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts