DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
sure, read... it's like the hot topic right now and I think there are about 10 active threads on it...

I've got some old threads on it...

how much of a search have you bothered with?

·
Registered
898 Posts
I decided to go IB :D

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Agreed. Tons of info, many active threads. Any specific questions?

Just everything, laid out in a neat package for him... :laugh:

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
LOL, you get a sub with .7 qts and 20Hz Fs and put it in, it gets real low, flat response, does not go super loud at 50Hz like a box can, does not take near the power the box can. A pair of 15 has pretty significant output.

You get some other sub and put it in with different specs, it sounds like azz, you EQ it, if it has big xmax and power handling you can force it to work. It may have a lot of output because it has huge xmax.

In general larger subs have lower Fs will get lower (w/high qts), are more efficient. More smaller subs will be more efficient but not get as low....all with no EQ, EQ that can change response like with any other sub.

Your trunk is nearly empty.

You can model subs in the cf of your trunk to see the response.

You have to seal the car cabin from the trunk, but it does not have to be a perfect seal.

IB subs are great for finding rattles in the trunk area, can be great for SQ use and getting low say 30Hz and less without a giant box. You can get some spl if you set them up that way, but not really their strong point. My quad infinity 12s got louder than I could stand on 420rms above 40Hz, I had to EQ them down and run multiple low pass on them to get a flat response.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, you get a sub with .7 qts and 20Hz Fs and put it in, it gets real low, flat response, does not go super loud at 50Hz like a box can, does not take near the power the box can. A pair of 15 has pretty significant output.

You get some other sub and put it in with different specs, it sounds like azz, you EQ it, if it has big xmax and power handling you can force it to work. It may have a lot of output because it has huge xmax.

In general larger subs have lower Fs will get lower (w/high qts), are more efficient. More smaller subs will be more efficient but not get as low....all with no EQ, EQ that can change response like with any other sub.

Your trunk is nearly empty.

You can model subs in the cf of your trunk to see the response.

You have to seal the car cabin from the trunk, but it does not have to be a perfect seal.

IB subs are great for finding rattles in the trunk area, can be great for SQ use and getting low say 30Hz and less without a giant box. You can get some spl if you set them up that way, but not really their strong point. My quad infinity 12s got louder than I could stand on 420rms above 40Hz, I had to EQ them down and run multiple low pass on them to get a flat response.
Thank you especially, and thank you all for dealing with me! I apologize for not searching...

Exactly what i was looking for but more in depth. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
I just got banned on another forum for letting the noobs have it for not searching even after links were provided for them. This is the kinder gentler me lol.

lol... I've been banned HERE for that.. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts