DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With totals over $99! Looks like the perfect time to order the Dayton RS 12" HO!

Hey NewTitan, I know you wanted 4 Dayton 10s, get in on this to save on the shipping costs!

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
yeah man Im on it--thx for the heads up

just waiting to see what nissan says about my truck before I decide on 10's or 12's

and man I saw the new 07 chevy tahoe (released January 06 by the way :) and the 07 gmc yukon

VERY NICE the interior is amazing

320 HP for the tahoe, 360 hp for the Yukon, and get this 405 for the escalade OOHHH mY

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
man i may have to take them up on this as well!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
newtitan said:
320 HP for the tahoe, 360 hp for the Yukon, and get this 405 for the escalade OOHHH mY

I remember the days when 200hp was groundbreaking. In 10 year, an escalade will outrun the ferrari enzo :eek:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
so whats the real difference in the hf to the ho here guys.. never used these yet have used the titanics though and these look pretty sweet.. thanks

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
HO smaller box, and higher thermal powerhandling.

HF, lower inductance.

Output is the same in reality... no one will notice a 1-2mm xmax difference.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
newtitan said:
That's obscene, something to sicken not something to be amazed by. These kinds of stupid, morally repugnant vehicles are only made worse by massive horsepower. Hopefully in the near future some wise and enlightened policymaker will finally see the deleterious effects of this inane auto industry arms race and put it to a stop by taxing fuel at an appropriate level. We should be paying $5-7 a gallon for gas, with the spread going towards road/rail/air mass transit and perhaps deficit reduction. Some enforcement of existing GVWR restrictions on residential streets to punish people who lack the sense to purchase appropriate civilian vehicles would also be very nice.

And an "amazing" interior from GM? I think that depends entirely on frame of reference....

·
Ignorance is Bliss
181 Posts
the escalade weighs in the ballpark of 6100-7000 pounds. 405 HP is barely enough for it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
DS-21 said:
That's obscene, something to sicken not something to be amazed by. These kinds of stupid, morally repugnant vehicles are only made worse by massive horsepower. Hopefully in the near future some wise and enlightened policymaker will finally see the deleterious effects of this inane auto industry arms race and put it to a stop by taxing fuel at an appropriate level. We should be paying $5-7 a gallon for gas, with the spread going towards road/rail/air mass transit and perhaps deficit reduction. Some enforcement of existing GVWR restrictions on residential streets to punish people who lack the sense to purchase appropriate civilian vehicles would also be very nice.

And an "amazing" interior from GM? I think that depends entirely on frame of reference....
If you feel so strongly about it, feel free to pay $5-7 a gallon. The rest of us will enjoy our $2.28 gas. Oh, when I'm driving my 8mpg 454 big block GMC pickup, I'll wave to you. :)

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jim85IROC said:
If you feel so strongly about it, feel free to pay $5-7 a gallon. The rest of us will enjoy our $2.28 gas. Oh, when I'm driving my 8mpg 454 big block GMC pickup, I'll wave to you. :)
:D

BTW...the free shipping is until January

·
Registered
174 Posts
DS-21 said:
We should be paying $5-7 a gallon for gas, with the spread going towards road/rail/air mass transit and perhaps deficit reduction.
I'm totally with you there, I noticed the gas prices going down reciently and it kind of pissed me off!

In my opinion oil based gasoline sound be heavily taxed, like most places in the world, and alternate fuels should be lightly taxed to encourage their use. Did you know e85 can replace gasoline and biodiesel can replace diesel with very few drawbacks and infact many performance benefits! (e85 is over 100 octain!) Why those fuels are still unheard of and unavailble to most people makes absolutely no sense...

Just a little rant...
-Jeff

·
Registered
578 Posts
DS-21 said:
That's obscene, something to sicken not something to be amazed by.
Indeed...
The SRT10 has 500+hp & torque.... better suspension & with an aftermarket SC easily in the 700hp/Torque range. ;) Not to mention ROCK SOLID up to 150mph+

Now THAT is amazing :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
geoffire said:
Why those fuels are still unheard of and unavailble to most people makes absolutely no sense...

-Jeff
And not to mention Hydrogen cell cars....the technology has been around since the early 70s. When Germany hosted the Olympic Games, for the marathon, they used Hydrogen cell cars for the camera men covering the event. They did so because they didnt want the athletes to inhale the car exhaust. Those cars never need to be filled up.....

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
wow this thread went to the [email protected] LOL

I for one have never been a GM guy--, but IMO the new tahoe, and yukon interior I saw were sweet

http://www.gmc.com/newvehicles/2007yukon/index.jsp

http://www.forbesautos.com/gallery/2007/chevrolet/tahoe/

as far as the gas goes , I agree 100% if you want to go big , you should be willing to pay for it, Id have no complaints at all

but what about

with the 40 billion in big oil profits (the big four companies) made last quarter

off what we paid for out of so called supply issues (but now it can magically dop down $0.50 as soon as the oil companies profit margins were released)

why not have the department of energy and finance take some of those profites and put it inot to R/D for better electrial reserve batteries/engines that can produce the same power, with no emissions.

the technology exist (at least at my old college design table and prototypes it does)

and the SRT10 is SWEEET, but 10mpg is just a tad inefficient lol

the new GM are at least 15/20 or so was reported at the car show

will see though lol

if it cant get at least 14mpg I can own it, but Id suuuure lover to have one I tell ya

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey I have always owned GM vehicles, same goes for my Dad and Granddad. I own a V8 powered fullsize Silverado and my wife owns a V8 powered fullsize Tahoe. When we have our second child, we will trade in the Hoe and get a V8 powered Suburban...I make enough money to fill those tanks with 91 octane fuel without thinking twice about it...

I remember when Arizona did its Alternative Fuel program a few years back, and all that did was put us 38 million BEHIND...

Okay back to the subject at hand....free shipping from PE!

·
Registered
174 Posts
AzGrower said:
Those cars never need to be filled up.....
you talking about the old water powered car myth? I've heard stories and even seen plans before, but it would take more energy to produce the Hydrogen then could ever be recovered. Its not a technology problem, its physics! hydrogen is kind of a dead road as far as use in cars go imo... too many issues!

If they were worried about fumes they probably used propane or natural gas, theres a reason we use those fuels in our homes, the fumes are non toxic. Many people convert their cars to run on propane, you can get kits for like $150 off ebay...

I wrote a research paper a little while back about alternate fuels...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts