DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Diy Mobile Audio is proud to offer FREE Loudspeaker Testing services!

Testing to be done using Praxis with audpod, and a calibrated high spl KG mic.

What you will receive:

1. Frequency response and off-axis response
2. Actual Thiele Small parameters
3. non-linear distortion analysis
4. waterfall and/or energy storage analysis

(Please see tech. article forum for why #3 and #4 are so critical to loudspeaker performance)

And thanks to an extremely generous and kind individual, FREE Klippel testing! Keep in mind the cost of a basic test is normally $350. The test includes large signal analysis, generating a BL, CMS, and LE vs. displacement curve (similar to Dumax).

Terms and conditions. By sending me a driver for testing purposes you agree to all of the following:

1. You must agree to make all test data publicly available.
2. The driver must not have been tested previously.
3. I am not responsible for ANY damage to your driver.
4. You assume all shipping responsibilities, including providing a return shipping label and all packaging materials.
5. I am not responsible for delays in shipping, or lost packages.
6. I will do my best to provide a prompt and timely service, but realize that under certain situations it may take up to several weeks to complete a test.

Email me at [email protected] for more info.

·
Registered
242 Posts
If i send some speakers, Can i chill at your pad and eat your food while you do the test? lol

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Can you post a list of the specific ones that you have already done testing on???? I may send you some Dynaudio drivers and tweets if you havent already done them (mw160gt and md100)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hmm, I've got a Koda that's just sitting on the dining room table... doing nothing. This sounds like a worthy use of $15-$20 for to/from shipping costs.

·
Registered
434 Posts
dang! npdang is workin it! but yeah, can we chill at the pad while you test my lotus speaker? ive seen many charts and graphs for it already but i just need something to do!! :D

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those homebrew ribbons are making me too excited :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
me too

·
Registered
103 Posts
Dang, I'd love to send you my Rainbow Pro Tweets. Maybe if I can bring myself to pull them out of my car I'll ship them over.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ship them? if youre in socal, you should drive over to his place!

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AzGrower said:
Can you post a list of the specific ones that you have already done testing on???? I may send you some Dynaudio drivers and tweets if you havent already done them (mw160gt and md100)
When I have all the data formatted and ready to go, I will post it in the new "speaker testing data" forum. I'm hoping to get a few done first, and then post.

For subwoofers, I plan on only posting Klippel data and t/s parameters.

For midrange/midbass units I will post relevant Praxis data along with Klippel.

For tweeter, only Praxis data will be posted.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hrrrmmmmm...Might just have to send you an Alumapro Rx 12". I kinda want to know exactly what is going on so I can narrow down the box design.

·
Registered
250 Posts
npdang, do you do the testing yourself?

I'm only a few minutes away from you (i'm in westmisnter).

I have the Seas lotus performance mids that is sitting around doing nothing at the moment.

·
Registered
415 Posts
95Legend said:
then who the heck was vinh talking about. lol.
i dunno.. :D

..he just moved... D:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts