DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
250hz seems to be the spot that can't get enough cut in my ride. That's what seems to add the mud.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
I'll cut a little 160 to gain some low-end clarity and definition, sometimes 125 a bit and sometimes 200 a bit too.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'll cut a little 160 to gain some low-end clarity and definition, sometimes 125 a bit and sometimes 200 a bit too.
x2. Exact frequencies I've had to cut to clear up the midbass.

·
Registered
307 Posts
i may be incorrect, but shouldnt this "muddy" sound be system dependent? for instance, wouldnt a single, full range speaker playing 20-20k sound more "muddy" at high volumes than a properly set up 4 way system with dedicated drivers? if so, the answer would be to play with the adjustments you have until it sounds best. and, if so, the best results may be to toy with the midbass frequencies mentioned above.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think the OP is just looking for a starting point to begin said tinkering.

I've got some build-up around 240Hz but it must be a resonance issue. (Would cabin gain be the correct term?) Currently I have rear fill. If I fade everything front or rear the peak seems to go away.

My answer is in the 160-400 range. Obviously very system/vehicle dependent, but that's the range I'd look at.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
x2, after having my in dash eq running for about 8 months now im supprised to say that 125hz is the dial that cleans up the mud the best :confused:

cant deny the results tho.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts