DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey gang, I've acquired all my drivers for the front stage in my e90, tweeters in the sail, mids in the door, woofers under the seats. I have been looking around and it seems that the best option overall would be something I can't locate for purchase, a Gladen RC105c4. Obviously I would need two of them, two channels of each being summed for the underseat woofers and it seems it would be perfect for my setup.

First blush crossovers-
Tweets- CSS LD22 4R 65W HPF~2.5-3k
Mids- Thiel 8424 (Scan 8424) 8R 30W HPF 250- LPF 2.5k
Woofers- Dynaudio MW180 4R 180W HPF 60-LPF 250

I would like a bit of headroom which this allows, price isn't bad, construction and performance I would imagine are better than most and A/B topology for the front stage. I have an Aura MR.18 IB on a Zed Minotaur for the substage to round it out.

1. Do you think this amplifier would work well for what I have going on?
2. Does anyone know if I can acquire it?
3. If not, what options would you recommend? My first thought was maybe ARC KS line....
Thanks and your time is appreciated!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I've been scouring amplifiers..... Kind of stuck on two brands for price range and performance.

Arc Audio XDi 600.4
Zapco ST-204D SQ

I'd like to be more around $7-$800 for the pair but these seem to be perfect for my situation.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
67 Posts
For my E92 I use a JL XD600/v2 6 Channel Amplifier that drives the front Morel speakers on channel 1 and 2. Channels 3 and 4 and 5 and 6 are bridged to power the under-seat woofers. This was my first system done if 2 phases and I may do it an different way if I did it again. Regardless, the system sounds fantastic.

Are you planning a subwoofer in your system? The OEM style corner loaded subwoofer enclosures work very well in our cars and the amp I used in my F16 would be an option if you also want to drive a subwoofer.

For my X6 I use an MMats-4250D, 2 x 250 Watts RMS @ 4 Ω stereo for the under-seat woofers and 1 x 800 @ 4 Ω bridged for my subwoofer. It lists for $1000 but can be found at a nice discount if you ask around.

I’m sure the Arc and Zapco amps would be a great choice too.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I know someone selling a nice pair of grey Arc Audio 4150cxlrs if your interested. He's asking less than your $700-800 for the pair.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks midway, I know the xd600 is quite popular for the e9X vehicles, but was hoping for a bit more headroom than that would offer, especially since I have the top hifi ? and already committed to the 3way front stage. See initial post that substage is complete.

Truthunter, can you PM me or email some pics and info? I need to double check fitment in my location but feel certain those will fit. I believe I've read those amps are the cats meow and would be great. Still waiting on a response from Dumple and his 300.4s......

Thanks again everyone....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks midway, I know the xd600 is quite popular for the e9X vehicles, but was hoping for a bit more headroom than that would offer, especially since I have the top hifi ? and already committed to the 3way front stage. See initial post that substage is complete.

Thanks again everyone....
As I mentioned, I would likely do things differently with my E92 now that I have learned what else is available. No complaints but I might have done a few things similar to my X6 F16, active front stage, including center, a two seat tune and a lot more power.

Good luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Feel you, though the center channel business is all new to me. Maybe some change up down the road. Any recommendations on double din hu and wiring harness?

Looks like the dual arc 300.4s are happening. Excited.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yuri, I plan on tearing it up this coming week, I'll take pics and post. ??

I'm guessing itll take a spacer and cutting though.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont think I've read a bad thing about the entire product offering from that band of manufacturers. I'm interested in seeing how my mishmash of drivers come together....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, with what I've read I'm going to have to be careful at the crossover between the midbass and the midrange and the midrange having a slightly lower sensitivity and an 8ohm resistance compared to the midbass, but that's why I wanted to go with a higher powered amp setup and why the crossover will be most important to keep power handling at a reliable place with the midrange. The tweeter and the midbass should play well together. And I love my substage.

People say the underseat woofer doesn't really hinder.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts