DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
option 1: stick with mb quart tweets in dash...silver flute 5.25's in kicks....and xls 8's in the doors.

option 2: ditch the silver flute's for some css 4.5" mids in kicks....keep everything else the same...

option 3: ditch the silver flutes, and put some tangband 2" or 3" or hi vi 3" in the a pillar....and keep the mb quart tweets in dash for a 3 way...

option 4: ditch the mb quarts and get the dayton reference tweets, and glass them into the a pillar....cross them over super low....like 1.2khz....or maybe 1.5...

i had the best image stability when i've had a midrange playing a huge chunk of freq response....used to have an audax driver playing 125hz up to 7k, and everything was stable as hell....

but....with the mids in kicks....i didn't have much stage height in my car....but with the tangband 2's in my a pillar....i had plenty of height....

so.

dilemma.

i've got about 150 watts at 8 ohms on my xls's....and mids and tweets i can do 110 x 2 and 40 x 2 on either one....

thoughts/opinions?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Option 4 seems like a good bet to me......Always heard the MBQ's were really harsh. Crossing low on the tweets with the Dayton RS should bring your stage height up.

·
Registered
578 Posts
demon2091tb said:
Option 4 seems like a good bet to me......Always heard the MBQ's were really harsh. Crossing low on the tweets with the Dayton RS should bring your stage height up.
x2

As a matter of fact... that is what I am doing. With Dayton RS 150 mids in kicks & Peerless XLS 8 in the doors.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
racerraul said:
demon2091tb said:
x2

As a matter of fact... that is what I am doing. With Dayton RS 150 mids in kicks & Peerless XLS 8 in the doors.
x3

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
boner.

soon.

very soon.

i'll have to do some cutting on my a pillars :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
or....

option 5: put some dome mids in my a pillars....as...well....i really like my mb quart tweets....so ditch the silver flutes....and put a rather efficient dome mid in the a pillars....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts