DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to do my install in a new Dodge Ram regular cab truck. The equipment that I already have is...3 Treo amps rated at 750x1 at 2ohm and 75rmsx6 at 4 ohms, I have a Diamond D9 12" sub that will go in a 1.1ft^3 sealed box, a pair of CDT ef8 midbass that will go in the doors, and a set of Phoenix Gold Xenon 6.5 comps.
the comps are too big to fit into premade kickforms so I am considering either building custom kicks (dont really want to spend that much money) or going to a 5"mid.
any ideas on what would be a good fit for the equipment that I already have. Also I would consider using the tweets from the xenons or purchase another set if needed.
The only fr shaping ability I have is the peg on an Alpine 9813
Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Chances are that most DIY 5" mids will be a better midrange performer than that Xenon 6".

The Vifa MG11 (4.5") & MG14 (5.25") are both very good midrange drivers & affordable.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RacerRaul
how hard was it to get the 8's in your doors.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Nice amps, Treo Engineering is one of those sleeper companies that really produces freaking great products. Their subs are top notch and put out respectable quality in sound.

Reactions: bass_lover1

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also have an ssi10 but never used it. I think the box would be kinda hard to incorporate into the truck.

·
Registered
578 Posts
dejo said:
RacerRaul
how hard was it to get the 8's in your doors.
If you have a 8" (no bigger than 210mm) with a typical basket that tappers from the outer edge to the magnet, then all you'll need is a 3/4" spacer to install the driver & end up with room for a 3.75" max depth.

If you have anything like my Peerless XLS, then you'll have to round out the 6x9 hole (in addition to the 3/4" spacer) since the HDS basket maintains its width almost till it reaches the magnets. It is also almost 9".

I had OZ 200L in my doors prior to the Peerless and they were EZ to install...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
racer, I tried to pm you a couple weeks ago concerning your install. I like the way you did the console in your truck. I see that you are switching to a type x are you going to get rid of the diamond and the console. or be interested in a trade for a d9 12

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the ideas guys. I still havent made up my mind yet as to what is going in.
I like the way the dayton looks but dont trust my amps with an 8ohm driver as I dont know that it will make the power I think the drivers will want, as the amps arent overrated and would most likely only make about 40 watts at taht impedance.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know that i will get blasted here, but I ordered the alpine spx-137r components. I dont want to have to run a third amp a I dont have much room to give up .
I will run the diamond d9 of the treo750.1 @750rms and the cdt 8's off the rear channels of the treo75.4 giving them 75 rms and then the alpine's off the front channels of the 75.4 giving them 75 rms. the head unit will be my old alpine 9813 which has the digital x-over and time alignment.
any ideas where it would be best to cross the 8's to the components.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts