DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mind pair, S4 on both, both come with mounting ring and original grill. Excellent shape, even better sound! I know I will hate myself, but $ is tight.

$215 48 CONUS shipped for both.

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
I'm very tempted to pick these up. The only thing to know is that they require a perfectly sealed enclosure. Sealed as in, no carpet between the sub and the box, and use foam gaskets. Make sure nothing leaks, including the terminal cup. If you do that, you will have a tight, accurate sub that can take lots of power. Super super acurate woofers...

Most people assume that if the woofer moves slowly when pushing down on it, and rises to center slowly after, that it's sealed. That is a leaky box. A perfectly sealed box would mean you couldn't push the woofer down much, and when you did, it would immediately return to it's resting state...

·
Registered
555 Posts
I know you said money was tight, but would you have any interest in trading for a JBL W12GTi MKII? Might be an easier sale since it's a little newer than these... If not - free bump!

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
I still believe these are the best subs I have ever used for SQ, I've used the 8,10,&12lf

damn good deal used to be $400 each for a 12" back in 1991 if I remember

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
I still believe these are the best subs I have ever used for SQ, I've used the 8,10,&12lf

damn good deal used to be $400 each for a 12" back in 1991 if I remember
Definately newer than 1991. I think you're thinking of the .4 or older. The .5's were 96 to 99ish...

MLess, If you need anything in trade, let me know. :)

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
yes your right, I just checked I used own .1's and then .5's

Somebody better grab these I'm almost ready to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know you said money was tight, but would you have any interest in trading for a JBL W12GTi MKII? Might be an easier sale since it's a little newer than these... If not - free bump!
Haha, I just got one of those a day ago, I kid you not!

I think I am going to keep these for now, sorry, false alarm.

NO LONGER FOR SALE, SORRY!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Haha, I just got one of those a day ago, I kid you not!

I think I am going to keep these for now, sorry, false alarm.

NO LONGER FOR SALE, SORRY!
good call! i never used the 12s, but i had a pair of tens back in the day. wasnt impressed till i borrowed an amp and tripled the power i was giving them. then they came to life.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
He is not kidding, he just bought my gti 12. If he chooses to sell, I can tell you he is a good buyer, and really great to work with if that counts for anything.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Please let me know if you change your mind. I think these would be perfect for my application, and they do sound fantastic.

You won't be disappointed in the JBL. If it wasn't so deep it would certainly find its way into my new car.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
The depth is why I needed to sell it, was not going to fit comfortably in my Dodge Ram quad cab's center console. I did not feel like building a new box again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts