DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says. Have had these in the car for 2 or 3 weeks now I think and basically the system has grown WAY beyond my original plans so it's time to scale back. The shop won't take them back so someone or a couple of people are going to get a great deal on these.

I'm including the grills at no charge and I don't really want to take them off for more pics as it's a HUGE PITA to do and it dents the grill. The grills went on the subs before they ever were mounted into the car so the cones and surrounds are flawless. The first pic with the grills off was a test fit and no screws were used. As you can see, perfect.

Mounting depth is 2.54" and per Manville Smith, they can sit directly on the rear wall if necessary and still be properly vented so you really can go VERY shallow with these.

Both purchased authorized (yay for warranties!) and the receipts will be included.

$400 shipped each or $750 shipped for the pair.

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is that all your info youre posting there?
If someone wants my info they're going to get it. I'm not one of the paranoid weenies that blanks out license plate numbers and all that jazz. I'm just not that worried about it. But to save a debate over the issue I'll remove those pics.

What do they sound like? I've always been an sceptic of shallow subs
They sound like any other sub I've used. Larger cone, a little less Xmax but still get silly loud. I don't think I ever got anywhere near their limits and it was more bass than I need, hence the downsizing. Now I can go smaller, still have enough bass and put my spare back in.

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
I can vouch for the mint condition of these. I've seen them as recently as last week and heard them right about the same time. Nice sounding subs and they blended very well with the 8" midbass that he's using in the car.

I was wondering if you were actually going to go through with selling these Paul.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
There you go again, ripping stuff out before you even finish :p

What are you getting now?

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stealthbox. I know, it's the antithesis of DIY, but it works, fits like I want, saves me time I don't have and is enough bass for me in such a small car. Now I need to figure out amps since I found that the ZR800s REALLY like being on the 750.2 and I don't think I can set the 5/6 channels on the 650.6 for low impedance operation without affecting channels 1-4. :(

·
Registered
954 Posts
There you go again, ripping stuff out before you even finish :p

What are you getting now?
LMAO!! I have been doing the same for almost a year now!!

Who do I have to kill to get those Zapcos??

BTW, a trusted source just recommended those same subs for a possible replacement to my 12W7's. Says they are better suited to my description of wants for subs.. (faster, tighter than my 12W7's)

GL with the sale, wish I had the funds just now..

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LMAO!! I have been doing the same for almost a year now!!

Who do I have to kill to get those Zapcos??
Someone with roughly $1100 in their pocket.

BTW, a trusted source just recommended those same subs for a possible replacement to my 12W7's. Says they are better suited to my description of wants for subs.. (faster, tighter than my 12W7's)

GL with the sale, wish I had the funds just now..
He would be correct. They are much more controlled than any W7s I've heard.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Damn, no $$$'s to spare. Bump for a good guy and some great subs.
John

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dang! You selling the subs too?
Hmmm, how big of a sealed enclosure do each of the subs need?

This might do wonders for my Miata, or better yet, my Mazda3 ... :blush:

-Thuwa

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thuwa,

.8cf is what they're spec'd for. I had them in about 1.3-ish total stuffed with polyfill and they were still awesome. They're absolutely kill in the Mazda3. Even in the Miata if you can get them in.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
damn, i so want to replace my rear deck 15s and try these out IB. but not for that much money!

good luck with the sale.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.