Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 Orion 2NT (or maybe it's NT2-I can't remember) 10 inch subwoofers

Used in good working condition. They're a little dusty and one of them has a pushed in dustcap. The other appears to have had its surround punctured. As near as I can tell it doesn't affect the sound or functionality. They sound really nice and I'm running them in .75 each. If I'm remembering the Orion specs these had a 2.5" coil and were capable of 500 RMS. They are single 4 ohm. If one was so inclined fixing the dustcap would be pretty simple. Enclosure not included.

I'm asking 65 for each of them or 110 shipped for the pair to the lower 48 via paypal. :

Included. :

- Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone feeling sentimental or nostalgic?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I saw the thread title and thought it was the carbon fiber cone versions and almost poo'd myself.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Im still running a pair of these in DVC 12 inchers in my daily driver. They sound great, can handle lots of power, and have never failed. Mounting depth is less than average for the performance they provide - imo too. Pretty big magnets...

·
Registered
982 Posts
Orion made great woofers back in the day. I'm pretty sure the cones of these are the same mica material that the XTR woofer cones were made of. Those sounded amazing.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are pretty nice. I'm running just a single XTR 12 and it's pretty cool.

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
probably paper cones with kevlar fibers, and a polypropylene coating.

it always bugs me when I think about the "lifetime" warranty they had, about 4 series back from this one.

·
Registered
982 Posts
probably paper cones with kevlar fibers, and a polypropylene coating.

it always bugs me when I think about the "lifetime" warranty they had, about 4 series back from this one.
Why does it bother you? As a 16 year old kid, I loved it! I bet I went through 5 or 6 SVC XTR 12"s with that set up.

I was running them with a DSM Punch 100ix that put out WAAAY more than 100 watts. That amp blew Orion woofers like it was going out of style. It sounded great until it blew them though :eek:

My biggest car audio mistake was selling that gear for a PG M-Series, and Boston Pro set up. All that stuff got ganked by a jealous friend a few days after install. I didn't find out he was behind it until many years later, unfortunately...

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
Why does it bother you? As a 16 year old kid, I loved it! I bet I went through 5 or 6 SVC XTR 12"s with that set up.

I was running them with a DSM Punch 100ix that put out WAAAY more than 100 watts. That amp blew Orion woofers like it was going out of style. It sounded great until it blew them though :eek:

My biggest car audio mistake was selling that gear for a PG M-Series, and Boston Pro set up. All that stuff got ganked by a jealous friend a few days after install. I didn't find out he was behind it until many years later, unfortunately...
it bothers me because as long as Orion is still operating they should honor their warranty and they quit about 1.5 years after they started selling them.

they had other companies try it, I think every company lost their ass on returns because people just didn't respect the product.

·
Registered
83 Posts
it bothers me because as long as Orion is still operating they should honor their warranty and they quit about 1.5 years after they started selling them.

they had other companies try it, I think every company lost their ass on returns because people just didn't respect the product.
Agreed. I have a CF DVC 2NT12" that I fried and it would be nice if this warranty still applied. It was my own fault though. It held its own for a surprising amount of time in a Decware Deathbox with a bridged Europower 1500 feeding it in my living room. Now I have (2) NT12's in my Wifey's Yukon. Great subs.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There's some gear I'd like to get locally so I'm open to reasonable offers via PM.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd like to get these out of my garage so make me some offers y'all.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If someone wants these and the XTR 2 12's I'll make a special deal. Even more special if you're local(ish) to Porland, OR and want to pick them up.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
90 shipped

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bueller?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd really like to get these gone. Open to offers via PM.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'd love to have these out of my garage by Xmas

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.