·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I probably already know the answer but any trades? I'll be that guy :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok ok ok you guys. So I am not the best will a cell phone video camera with only 10 minutes of time in my hectic day to create a account, make a video, post up a ad. geesh... tough crowd. :)

You know I ended up on here for a hour anyways ...yeah ADD boy.

So I figured there would be more reply's. Whats the dealie'o , Am i asking too much for the coolest speakers ever made? :shrug:

Help me out here. I might be interested in a trade if it is for something I could sell faster than these and get the same value for.

·
Registered
142 Posts
ok ok ok you guys. So I am not the best will a cell phone video camera with only 10 minutes of time in my hectic day to create a account, make a video, post up a ad. geesh... tough crowd. :)

You know I ended up on here for a hour anyways ...yeah ADD boy.

So I figured there would be more reply's. Whats the dealie'o , Am i asking too much for the coolest speakers ever made? :shrug:

Help me out here. I might be interested in a trade if it is for something I could sell faster than these and get the same value for.
I don't know if its your asking price or the video ...jk but seriously I just started back into car audio after a nice brief "I don't care what my stereo sounds like" . I remember these from back in the day but didn't ID make a CD3 horn also?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well This is probably Last reply on these I'm posting up.
Make me a offer if price is too high. Maybe A trade...maybe,

If no sale, I put the mylar set back into my dj equipment.
( add boy moment....got to check out the cdj2000...wow I am loving them) anyways
And maby use the other set for ....who knows.

I am NEVER installing a set into a car again. After installing a set of Ultras into a long time customer car, The ease if installation vs. the weight of driver....Yeah.... I love CD2's Truly Truly love them. But I'm Not wanting to ever make a overbuilt bracket for a horn again. But you can, Buy or bye...

Thanks,

Andy

·
Registered
46 Posts
Will you ship to Sydney Australia?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
how do these compare to the ultras? do they play lower, more linear?

are these radian based or BC rebadged

Im interested, but I have ultras, yet im curious about the older drivers

let me know when you have the time

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how do these compare to the ultras? do they play lower, more linear?

are these radian based or BC rebadged

Im interested, but I have ultras, yet im curious about the older drivers

let me know when you have the time
There not radian. They do have similar structural design characteristics. The diaphragm cap's are suggestive of either same speaker fab house that does and engineers radians components. Or magnet Assembly's were purchased and used from the radian suppler or similar cad data..who knows. Last I remember ID has this driver made specifically. All of that's is just speculation though. Image Dynamics Would be the people to ask on that actually. I really never payed much attention if a compression driver is marketed in pro audio under a different brand. We all know about the selenium driver and stuff. I never really found it necessary to dig into the research and development of a manufacture process or there methods of bringing to me the best product to ever hit car audio. I don't even want to speculate on something that really is not my business. It would be a shame for some reader to think they can save some money and go buy a selenium or radian just to find out there not the same at all. I admit I have wasted a few hundred dollars in a pro shop years ago on compression drivers strictly out of curiosity. All of witch was a waste of time and money and i regret it. :blush:

Compared to the Ultra. Very Similar results. I have 15 years tuning and EQ-ing CD2's. I have got to know them quite well. My first set of ultras tuned nicely and has just as smooth of a response. They EQ- a little differently. After I have put a few more sets in I will have better comparison opinion's. I need to try them out more. I'm not convinced ultras are as good or better yet than CD2's. After a few more installs on ultras I am sure I will have just as much appreciation for the driver.

$0.02

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
There not radian. They do have similar structural design characteristics. The diaphragm cap's are suggestive of either same speaker fab house that does and engineers radians components. Or magnet Assembly's were purchased and used from the radian suppler or similar cad data..who knows. Last I remember ID has this driver made specifically. All of that's is just speculation though. Image Dynamics Would be the people to ask on that actually. I really never payed much attention if a compression driver is marketed in pro audio under a different brand. We all know about the selenium driver and stuff. I never really found it necessary to dig into the research and development of a manufacture process or there methods of bringing to me the best product to ever hit car audio. I don't even want to speculate on something that really is not my business. It would be a shame for some reader to think they can save some money and go buy a selenium or radian just to find out there not the same at all. I admit I have wasted a few hundred dollars in a pro shop years ago on compression drivers strictly out of curiosity. All of witch was a waste of time and money and i regret it. :blush:

Compared to the Ultra. Very Similar results. I have 15 years tuning and EQ-ing CD2's. I have got to know them quite well. My first set of ultras tuned nicely and has just as smooth of a response. They EQ- a little differently. After I have put a few more sets in I will have better comparison opinion's. I need to try them out more. I'm not convinced ultras are as good or better yet than CD2's. After a few more installs on ultras I am sure I will have just as much appreciation for the driver.

$0.02
I believe that is a set of B&C DE25 compression drivers. Nice price too. Even without the horns it's a good deal.

Here's pics of my set, which I may use for a Unity horn that I'm building. Compare 'em to the pic above.

\

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I believe that is a set of B&C DE25 compression drivers. Nice price too. Even without the horns it's a good deal.

Here's pics of my set, which I may use for a Unity horn that I'm building. Compare 'em to the pic above.

\

without seeing cad data on the voice coil gaps that are machined into the magnet on both drivers, And with out seeing data on Both Voice coils side by side. And Cad data on both phase plugs design. OR untill ID comes out and advertises there the same (witch would hurt there business and mine too.)I wont ever agree there the same...Sorry Looks can be deceiving. IMO There's allot more to a speaker than a 3 screw cap and a couple terminals. :kid:

Nice drivers though :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.