Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
18,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Product:

AuraSound NS18-992-4A 18" Subwoofer

Here's the writeup on PE:
"Output, fidelity, and extension… Usually you have to sacrifice one in order to improve the other two. The 4 ohm 18" NS18-992-4A from AuraSound is one of the few drivers that can do it all.

AuraSound has designed the NS18-992-4A from the motor up. They started by combining a massive version of the patented Neo-Radial Technology (NRT) motor with an underhung 4" diameter high temperature voice coil to give this driver a particularly long stroke. Then, they mated the coil to an extremely rigid aluminum cone for minimum distortion. For suspension, this driver uses an injection molded rubber surround and dual opposed spiders to keep the cone and voice coil linear up to 3" of peak-to-peak mechanical excursion. To hold it all together AuraSound has developed a cast aluminum frame, which is remarkably solid while allowing maximum airflow for the back side of the cone and ample ventilation to keep the voice coil cool.

For moving excessive amounts of air while maintaining a hi-fidelity sound it will be hard, maybe impossible, to beat the AuraSound NS18-992-4A 18".

Info:

I ordered these as part of a Group Buy where some fellas changed their mind and I admittedly jumped the gun on placing the order too soon. The day after I ordered they PM'd and said they couldn't do it right now... So, here we are.

Condition:

Brand new in box (except for the one I took pictures of).

Price:

MSRP is $790/each.

I'm asking $640/each, shipped CONUS. Payment via Paypal.
If you want to pay with paypal gift, I can do $620/each, shipped.
That's about $140 off the current MSRP.

If you can meet in person and pay in cash, I can do $580/each.

PM or email at hardisj(at)gmail(dot)com.

Pictures:

·
18,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
at 89dB @ 1w/1m sensitivity, it won't need *that* much to get moving. ;)
just depends on the enclosure (which I see people using anywhere from 3-5 cubes sealed... no idea about ported without modeling which I don't have time for).

I actually hoped to run a pair in my HT but the dudes on the PE forum kind of hosed me up there. Maybe if I can get some more after getting my money back out of these.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
^ you can replace your NRT18. :D

Pay now and I'll hold it for you until finals. Hand deliver it and save you $40. :D
:laugh:

If, and that's a big if, I was to purchase one it would be shipped to use @ finals. :D

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I'm so glad these are 18's instead of 15's or I'd be trying to talk you into putting these in your civic so I could buy your AE's. Could you imagine how sexy these motor/baskets would be in an IB build? Wow.

Free bumpity.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Did a quick box software mock up with this. ... holy shit!!! This is an amazing speaker number wise, need a big box..... home theater killer we have here.

·
18,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
The real question is how do you sneak these by the wifey?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
7.5 cu. ft. tuned to 27 hz , is what im seeing as the tipping point for insane home theater output with this driver. This sub is nuts!...... damn

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Can you share some graphs? Big sealed to mimic IB would be nice.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.