DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had these components sitting in the closet for awhile so that I may install in my wife's Honda Pilot. She has been dragging her feet about getting a aftermarket HU, and I need to pay for my Sub, so she misses out. You can have the opportunity to own a great set of components instead.

Price: $250 shipped (continental US).

Included:

Tweets (soft dome – very laid back sound - smooth)
Mids (strong mid bass)
Crossovers (bi-amp capable – that is how I ran them)
Mounting hardware – including 'bridges' for creating point source drivers (co-axial for installs that do not allow for separate tweeter mount).

PM for additional pictures. Sorry, no trades needed.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your questions,

I ran these with a couple different amps and in a couple different variations.

I ran them with a Monitor 1 four channel - bi amped, so between 70 - 100 watts per speaker - never pushed hard.

I ran them for a short time on an Alpine PDX 4.100 - active set up, about 100 watts per speaker - again, not pushed hard.

I do have the original manual.

Jason

·
Registered
Pioneer DEH-80PRS active Alpine 4.150 Dynaudio MD130 Audio Development W600 Alpine 1.1000 JBL 12GTI
374 Posts
Bump it on up for my neighbor :)

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks J-Man - you are awesome!

We need to get together to hear your system again. ;)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Any one buy these and I have a A D S P450 for $150 to go with these fine components, if not both this is a great set of speakers well worth it. Bump for him

·
Registered
Pioneer DEH-80PRS active Alpine 4.150 Dynaudio MD130 Audio Development W600 Alpine 1.1000 JBL 12GTI
374 Posts
Will do :D

Wanna hear it as is now? Or........I got a PG 1200.1 on the way for the subs and an old school Zed built Nakamichi PA506 6 ch for the PRS comps on the way :D Also have a PPI 6600.2 on the way too :( I forgot I even bid on it cause I figured there was no way $175 would win it LOL Got to the hotel 2night to find I won it. Oh well, I come from the same school as WRX/Z28 and some others here, "you can never have toooooo many amps" LOL I am going to run the tweets on 1&2 and bridge the mids on 3&4 n 5&6.

Holler whenever you wanna jam

Jman

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I want to sell some good components - I would like to sell them to someone on DIYMA - someone that would appreciate a classic set of quality components.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
These are back up for sale - all boxed up and ready to go - don't want to take these good components to eBay.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Price Drop $225 shipped.

If you happened to purchase a pair of tweets that are painful to listen to, cause listener fatigue after 15 minutes of playing, need to be eq'd all the way down to lifelessness - than these are the tweets for you. These are coupled with stong, detailed midbass drivers that complement the a/d/s tweets perfectly. The crossovers are not only incredibly well constructed, but they are aesthetically pleasing as well - something you would want to display.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts