Discussion Starter #1
Product Brand & Model:

Abyss Full Tube 100

Condition of all items:

Brand New but modded

Total Price: :

$5000

Shipping Terms: :

Shipped from Britain anywhere in the world.

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Power Supply:

Additional info:

I bought this amplifier in the summer straight from the Distributor for a new build which is no longer happening. The amplifier was sent to Gordon Taylor (Genesis) for some 'no expense spared' improvements. This amplifier had some large upgrades on the power supply which allows it to now put out over 100 watts of full tube power @ 4ohm. The tubes have also been upgraded.

The amplifier makes:

102 watts x 2 @ 4 ohm

I have only turned this amplifier on once to check everything after it returned from Gordon and it is perfect.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
this is really the wrong place for this.... you wont get any kind of hits.. Im very familiar with this and its a great unit...

you should hit Audiogon, those buyers over there will know what this is, and should sell there.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
It is a car amplifier though?
yes, but im talking the pure high end nature of the BEAST, not to mention non of their product is even available in the US... Ive seen some sick high end car audio pieces sell over there.. The people on the Audiogon site are into more of the extreme high end.. I would sure venture to guess that it will at least garner some attention and get you contacted by a serious buyer... On here people tend to want the high end on the budget price, cant blame em, but just dont think you will garner any serious buyers here.. Anyway GLWS, it wouldnt hurt ya to check it out...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hadn't realized that anybody sold car stuff on there but I will have a look into it, thank you.

There is plenty a high end market on this site, most just dont post on the boards, they just check the classifields from time to time. Of the 10 or so I've sold in the last month not one has been sent to America. It has all been between Europe, Japan and Indonesia.

I may look at other routes soon. Yahoo auctions would be an easyish sale but I really don't like putting things on there (you receive about 10 questions a day and have no idea what they are asking.) It is actually surprisingly easy to find high end buyers on eBay from other countries as well.

Just a patience game for these high end malarkey though :)

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
I hadn't realized that anybody sold car stuff on there but I will have a look into it, thank you.

There is plenty a high end market on this site, most just dont post on the boards, they just check the classifields from time to time. Of the 10 or so I've sold in the last month not one has been sent to America. It has all been between Europe, Japan and Indonesia.

I may look at other routes soon. Yahoo auctions would be an easyish sale but I really don't like putting things on there (you receive about 10 questions a day and have no idea what they are asking.) It is actually surprisingly easy to find high end buyers on eBay from other countries as well.

Just a patience game for these high end malarkey though :)
I can understand items being sold mostly in the markets you stated (Europe, Japan, and Indonesia), Especially with the item your selling.. Seems to be a good market over there for those type of items.. It seems to be harder here in the states when there is no real precense of a manufacturer or distributor around.. Even when we sold Genesis, the sales were hard simply because it wasnt recognized enough, even though was outstanding stuff.. We had same real issues with AudioSystem..

Also im not at all familiar with yahoo auctions, didnt know you would receive alot of hits. As far as ebay, i agree, i think you would get some decent hits in the UK area. Anyway Hope your able to sell, its a nice piece of equiptment..

Im assuming you have dealt with Abyss before or are a dealer. I had thought at one time they were going to try to establish themselves here in the US?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I was organizing the deal for the distribution contract, these high end pieces were all for a demo car that i was making, but the owner of Abyss came into some personal problems and had to leave Indonesia to go back his family. As of the moment, Abyss isn't trading and I don't know if they will be back.

I can't afford to carry on with this car though for my personal enjoyment so am having to sell a lot of the pieces. If this doesn't sell it is quite likely I will use it myself in the summer however.

To be honest it is a great shame if they don't come back. The owner is the designer of basically all the Tru amps (including 90% of the current Billet) and his latest series, the Nobella which I sold pretty much as soon as I put up for sale, are quite possibly the best solid state amps I've owned.

Anyone buying these shouldn't be worried about any possible repairs in the future. They are fully hand-made so repairs can be done by any competent repairer.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
yeah, i kind of heard that.. They made another amp line as well didnt they, i cant for the world remember what it was, but seems like the had a secondary line, same way with AudioSystem and the Mosconi.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Yep, thats the name... I met a guy i guess about a year ago or so at one of the show/training seminars one of our distributors put on.. This guy had a right hand drive nissan or something (was weird , lol), anyway he had the Zelos amps in his vehicle (thats where i found out made by Abyss), anyway ****, i thought i had heard some clean vehicles, but his just blew me away.. But i dont remember them looking quite like the one you showed, not even sure if they were tube amps, but im not sure, all i know is it was probably the top 2 to 3 purest sounding vehicles i have ever sat in... and i can only imagine what the price tag was in equiptment alone.. And i thought i had built some nice vehicles, felt kinda shamed, lol...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't suppose it was this?

Nissan Harrier with 3 of those amplifiers in it. Good friend of mine if it is.

America does very different cars to the rest of the world. Seems to be a lot more about stealth and aren't prepared to chop things up. Europe will do anything in the name of sq, but still like to keep it covered, where as Asia is all about bling. Adding fishtanks, silly lighting and stuff. Always fun to look at though. Just wouldn't want to own it myself :)

Glad you were impressed with the amps though. I have always used a sinfoni 120.4x as my reference amplifier and the nobella x just blew it away. The zelos was easily comparable with my old genesis p15 and has double the channels for the same price. I should probably find some speakers to give this amplifier a proper test. The power is just crazy for a car amplifier :D

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
no was a small car, like a 300 or something, but the lower amps seemed similar, i remember the name being right on front like that, as far as bling, yeah, neon'ed the **** out of the back, lol.. and he was a young asian kid.. Well i say kid, mid 20's probably, compared to my old butt, lol.. im not easily impressed, but i sure was with that vehicle, im more simple, so the bling didnt do alot for me, but the accoustics were SICK!!! Be a real shame if the company is gone, but its been rough on alot of the high and manufacturers as of late.. I was really shocked at Genesis as well, i would have thought overseas they were doing quite well, but i guess not..

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The problem for manufacturers are that there margins are so small, they need to be selling a lot to be able to survive off it. If an amp retails for $1000 then they probably only see $250, then after all the manufacture costs there is very very little left! Probably the biggest problem is the second hand market. Say a Genesis Dual Mono - retails for £600 I think, you can buy them secondhand for £200 easily. It is very difficult to fight that now that it is so easy to trade over the internet.

Gordon seems to be doing well at the moment however. He offers a very good amp repair service in Britain. If you send him an old broken, scruffy genesis amp (he repairs nearly anything) it will come back looking and functioning brand new (with a 1 year gurantee) and probably barely cost £100. I think he just took on a second member of staff so must be going well!

Acoustics are everything. My van project for this equipment was going to be fairly rushed, but not I'm slowing down a lot and going to be meticulous with my acoustic treatment. I'm half tempted to see how close I can get to an anechoic chamber effect in a car, but it is probably a stupid idea. Would certainly have the WOW factor though! The finer details are what takes an install to that top level in my opinion. Materials used, subwoofer positioning (upfront!), cable choice etc.

Looking forward to seeing some of the top American installs at CES. Going to try and see that magic bus as, on paper, it really doesn't look very impressive to me. If it impresses me as he preaches that we should I guess it could change how I look at my installs.

O and I only turned 20 a few days ago ;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bump

I am leaving Britain for Vegas in a few hours, and not sure how much internet coverage I will have, but will hopefully be able to answer pm's occasionally. Back to normal from the 14th.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts