DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
18,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t really want to sell this. No, really, I don’t want to. I had planned to keep this as a backup but I could use the $ to go toward my new system. Quite honestly, if I had the 7990 in hand, I might even consider selling that and keeping this just because this unit's performance is so great in relation to its cost vs. the 7990's cost (could make more $ back on the 7990).

The condition is 9/10 on the faceplate. I thought about buying that plastic scratch repair kit to clean up the face but have never gotten around to it. It’s still not even that bad, as evidenced in the pictures.

CD mech works just fine. Faceplate fold down and angle tilt works without a hitch.
This unit does have an optical output (toslink) to go straight to your h701 or whatever other processor you have.

I do not have the remote. If it’s a huge deal, then I can sell you one of my backup alpine remotes for another $15. I do have the trim ring and install cage. I can include a copy of the manual if you need it.

I did a short review on this the other day and found that it doesn’t clip at full output and at that highest point, the RCAs put out 4.14v.
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...e-dva-7996-clipping-point-preout-voltage.html

Specs can be found on crutchfield’s site:
Alpine DVA-7996 DVD/CD/MP3 Receiver with Ai-NET Changer Controls at Crutchfield.com

Asking Price: $300 shipped, OBO. I’m not desperate to sell so no lowballs.
Contacting Me: E-mail only please. My email addy is: hardisj (at) gmail (dot) com. I’m not on here much. I’m either in meetings lately or consumed doing testing somewhere. And when I get off work I go straight to my construction site, so I’m not at home to check my PMs.
Also, please don’t waste my time by asking me a bunch of questions with no intent to buy. Someone did this on my last sell and it wasn’t cool at all.

Some pics I took for the clipping review:

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Great timing.

If you don't sell that this round I'll grab it from you once I get my Tax return if it comes back the way I planned.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
How much for the Dog DVD's?;)

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
Nice deck someone will be very happy, i dread when I sold my 7996 I had two faces for it too...

I love the way the face can be angled...

·
Registered
675 Posts
I almost bought this for a back up...need to get mine fixed first....

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
crap.....I wanted another one of these 3 weeks ago...sheet.....it has got to be my all time favorite Alpine too....dang it....

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Had one. Sold one (to gentle). Still kicking myself. If I had the $ right now...

BUMP

exactly ....I sold your old one and later regretted it.....I also had a new face for it even though it was fine.....then I tried to buy it back off ebay from the guy I sold it too and couldnt cause it went for more than I had....

I posted a wanted add for one at that time and nobody answered except Guitarsail.....

I wish I had seen this on here but I am out of town all day and its a pain to get on here on my work phone...

oh well..

·
18,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, I'll let you know if it doesn't go through. But, I think it will. Seller offered to pay but he had a question I couldn't answer with 100% confidence so I've asked him to wait until I can.

You guys are making me regret selling it! :eek:

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
well, I'll let you know if it doesn't go through. But, I think it will. Seller offered to pay but he had a question I couldn't answer with 100% confidence so I've asked him to wait until I can.

You guys are making me regret selling it! :eek:

you will....maybe not today...................maybe not tommorrow.....but one day....when your lying in your bed.........................thinking of all the decks you had.....you will ask yourself ....did I do right by my 7996................

·
18,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol. Well, I've got a 7990 (currently still at alpine being repaired), so the decision isn't as bad as it would be if I didn't have that deck.

if it weren't for the 7990, I'd definately keep the 7996. ;)

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
sooo tempting. this would be worth getting rid of my indash for. hmmmmm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts