DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have in my possession a pair of Alpine Type-X passive crossovers from a SPX-137R set. I'm not sure what year they are from, but they are the good ones with a TON of adjustability for crossover points and phase. Basically, these are some of the nicest passive x-overs ever offered in a car audio component set. You'll basically be getting active control over your front stage with these.

I'd give the condition of these a 7/10. Functionality a 10/10. There are some minor scratches on both units. The plastic cover is a little loose on one of the x-overs due to one corner tab being snapped off. But it still works fine. It will stay on perfectly if mounted flat, but it might want to work its way loose if mounted vertical. It's nothing a little duct tape won't fix if these are mounted out of sight. :)

I will try to get some pics posted later tonight.

$70 shipped OBO.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Would these work for the 6.5'' type R set. My friend got some brand new ones a month ago from HiFisound and crossovers didn't work from day one, these look like a great fix.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yeah, they will work fine.. just gotta know what you're doing with the jumper settings.

Not trying to discourage my own sale, but what makes you think the x-overs are bad in your buddy's set?

·
Registered
67 Posts
They are simple crossovers, just one plug to adjust tweeters. we put them on -3 and the tweeters just made static if you put your head close to them. we couldnt find anything wrong so i dont know whats going on

1 - 11 of 11 Posts