DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Still in Spring Cleaning mode!

I didn't realize that I still had this...it was buried on a back shelf.

As stated:

ARC Audio 2100CXL Midnight Blue Metallic amplifier in 9/10 Cosmetic Condition, but with at least 1 blown transistor. See the last 6-7 photos in my gallery link below.

Unfortunately I received this from another member here years ago who said that it was in "perfect working condition" per our email convo. :-/ :mad:

Until I checked my email archive, I couldn't remember where I had acquired this amp, so I took off the bottom cover and unfortunately found the damage. :( See the photos.

If anyone is interested, you can contact Brad at Arc Audio and forward the Link to the photos to him to see how much it would cost to ReCap & Refurbish it. There are plenty of other guys on here that could easily fix it as well.

Otherwise I will probably sell it on eBay "AS-IS".

These are AWESOME amplifiers when they are working. One of the best you'll hear on High-End mids & tweeters! Unfortunately, someone abused this one, but it would take very few parts to get her up and running again. :)

PHOTOS:

bbfoto DIYMA Arc Audio 2100CXL Amplifier Midnight Blue PHOTOS

Thanks for looking

Billy B.

·
Member Emeritus - RIP
5,176 Posts
Normally I'd say I could have that sucker up and running again in one night. The power supply popped. Probably due to a blown channel. No significant board damage which is good. However, it's clear someone has been inside the amp before and tried to fix it. Who knows what damage they have done. I don't see any evidence of complete fu ckery but you never know.

Who ever buys this is looking at about $30 in transistors from Digikey and a few hours of labor to make the repair.

I'd buy it myself just to fix for sh!ts n giggles. However, I'm all set on amps and would have no use for it. If someone wants to buy this and give it a shot I could help walk you through the repair process.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Normally I'd say I could have that sucker up and running again in one night. The power supply popped. Probably due to a blown channel. No significant board damage which is good. However, it's clear someone has been inside the amp before and tried to fix it. Who knows what damage they have done. I don't see any evidence of complete fu ckery but you never know.

Who ever buys this is looking at about $30 in transistors from Digikey and a few hours of labor to make the repair.

I'd buy it myself just to fix for sh!ts n giggles. However, I'm all set on amps and would have no use for it. If someone wants to buy this and give it a shot I could help walk you through the repair process.

Appreciate the information and offer, G! (y)

·
Member Emeritus - RIP
5,176 Posts
Appreciate the information and offer, G! (y)
Just looking out for a friend. One man's trash is another man's treasure. That is a pretty sharp looking amp. I'll betcha it sounds good too. Unfortunately that color blue would clash with my Sapphire Porsche 😁

·
Registered
423 Posts
What are you asking?
Possibly interested.. think you are supposed to post a price

Never heard back from you on the other amps.. paul wound up having Brad go through the 2500.. turned out great in the long run.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
What are you asking?
Possibly interested.. think you are supposed to post a price

Never heard back from you on the other amps.. paul wound up having Brad go through the 2500.. turned out great in the long run.
Hey Adam,

Sorry man, I thought that I saw one of your posts somewhere here a while back saying that you had already picked up a bunch of other amps and had what you needed.

Anyhow...I'm thinking $145 Shipped. It's obviously in absolutely BEAUTIFUL condition otherwise, it just needs some TLC. :)

If I wasn't lazy I could repair it myself as Ge0 pointed out. Really wouldn't take that much and I'd end up with a killer and slick little amp that would be amazing on high-end tweeters or mids. But at the moment my time is better spent doing other stuff and getting my shelves cleaned off, haha.

EDIT: After thinking a bit more...I haven't actually tested the amp yet. I saw the damage inside and just assumed that it's DOA.

But as Ge0 said, it obviously looks like someone has already been in there and did some sloppy/questionable work. But they may have already "repaired" it and it might actually work. But from what I see of the potential "repair work", I don't know if I'd trust it and would definitely have it looked at by an experienced tech either way. ;)

Let me know if you're interested and/or if you think my price is out of line...

- Billy B.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE:

I think I've decided to hang onto this little amp and see if I can get it up and running again to power some small High-End home bookshelf speakers I have.

I might still be convinced to sell it if I received an offer I couldn't refuse, but with the cost of shipping I've realized that it's not worth the trouble for just $114.

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts