DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Other than my modded amp, this is the last 900.6 in my collection and she's in great shape. Closest to mint amp I've had my hands on. 9.5/10 condition. Was really a collector piece for me, but I've speant one hell of a lot of money on my new install so.... :)

I added the terminal fix to it (as i do on all ks900.6 amps that are in my hands). See posts 17 and 18.

Also removed and hard wired the ch5/6 board connector and gain pots connector. The header they use that locks in place from one board to another can go intermittent and cause distortion.

All pots have been thoroughly treated with Deoxit F5 then F100. All switches have been thoroughly treated with Deoxit D5 then D100. Fwiw, none had issues beforehand.

Now $550/shipped to lower 48, paypal fees included. Will be double boxed and insured for full amount.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

Reactions: Truthunter

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
How about $550 shipped.

After shipping and fee's, I get what I paid for it... All the tweaks are free!

Fwiw, no plans for further price reductions ;)

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bumperoo

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Up

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beautiful 6ch bump!

Don't make em like this anymore :)

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Up

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ttt

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$500 shipped, black friday special.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To the top.

No love for this beautiful amp?

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Giving you a free bump.

I read through your old thread showing how you modded the terminal block. Holy sh!t!!! That is perhaps the crappiest terminal block design I have ever seen. I'm surprised Arc audio released this for production.

Your fix definitely takes care of that. It makes me wonder. What would ARC Audio do if you paid $250 to send the amp back into them for repair? Don't they realize they have a problem?

Ge0

Reactions: bnae38

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tbh i think they are aware of it, some have actually had washers between the terminal block and the pcb. The only fix for high current situations though is a soldered connection (or crimped/whatever). The threads of a machine screw to a terminal block can always work their way loose over time as things settle etc and then we get what we get.. :).

Like i said at one point, I dont think they'll be doing something like that again ;).

It was quite the exercise tracking down wtf was going on years ago. I initially blamed the midbass themselves (sorry SI). Luckily, I have the equipment to play around with and really dig in.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Tbh i think they are aware of it, some have actually had washers between the terminal block and the pcb. The only fix for high current situations though is a soldered connection (or crimped/whatever). The threads of a machine screw to a terminal block can always work their way loose over time as things settle etc and then we get what we get.. :).

Like i said at one point, I dont think they'll be doing something like that again ;).

It was quite the exercise tracking down wtf was going on years ago. I initially blamed the midbass themselves (sorry SI). Luckily, I have the equipment to play around with and really dig in.
I used to screw around a lot with amp repair and modification back when I had time on my hands (before kids).

Have you ever melted one of those terminal blocks while heating it with a torch? I did :rolleyes:. Kicker used to use lead alloy blocks that were electroplated. I remember one turning into an oozing pool as I was trying to solder it back onto the board.

Ge0

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I used to screw around a lot with amp repair and modification back when I had time on my hands (before kids).

Have you ever melted one of those terminal blocks while heating it with a torch? I did :rolleyes:. Kicker used to use lead alloy blocks that were electroplated. I remember one turning into an oozing pool as I was trying to solder it back onto the board.

Ge0
Haha no, but close.. I did have one of the first few I did start to bubble a bit and I immediately cut the heat. Didn't screw up integrity of the block though, just sanded it smooth after. Think they are made of tinned copper or some kind of copper alloy.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bump bump.

I have ks1000.1 I'm sanding and repainting I'll list soon too. Would be a sweet combo of amps.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Bump for a great amp. Do the other KAR series amps have this issue or just the 6 channel? I was looking to grab a few KS600.2's in the future and would like to avoid this issue if at all possible.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts