Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Product Brand & Model:

1. Audison Thesis TH10 Basso subwoofer

2. Audison Thesis TH6.5 Sax mid-bass (pair)

Condition of all items:

1. Very excellent shape, both functionally and mechanically. Some scuffing near Audison logo of outer grille, caused by installer. Includes retail box, mounting bolts, and paperwork.

2. Very excellent condition, both functionally and mechanically. One of the most impressive sets of midbass drivers I've ever heard in a car. No retail box.

Total Price: :

Thesis Sub: $800

Thiesis Midbass: $650

Shipping Terms: :

Shipping only to the lower 48.

Buyer pays shipping. Insurance is optional.

Speakers will be very carefully packed to prevent damage.

Pictures:

Additional info: Purchased from authorized Audison dealer in Chandler, Arizona. Original owner, used in one system for one year and removed. I am selling this subwoofer and all Audison gear, and I'm restoring my trunk to factory configuration. The Thesis midbass drivers and subwoofer are truly audiophile quality, but sadly I couldn't take full advantage of their sound quality in my convertible. It's time for it these find a new home and fellow car audio enthusiast!

This is my first time attempting to sell anything on the DIYMA forum, as I typically list things for sale on eBay. I am very grateful for your good faith, and I promise not to disappoint with our transaction!

If you want to see pics of the sub as it was installed, just visit Handcrafted Car Audio | Chandler | Phoenix | Arizona. My former trunk install is their website's background image. Gallery name is "2012 Ford Mustang - High End Audio System".

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.

2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.

3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.

4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
ROCKY TOP
2,051 Posts
Re: FS: Audison Thesis, audiophile sub and midbass

good guy here guys dont hesitate purchaing from him...quality gear!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Re: FS: Audison Thesis Basso subwoofer and Sax midbass, lightly-used

That high end Mustang install was incredible. Wondering how well a single 10" did in that car though...

·
ROCKY TOP
2,051 Posts

That high end Mustang install was incredible. Wondering how well a single 10" did in that car though...

It was definately an incredible install!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Over the past five years, I've tried the following configurations in the trunk:
- a single Alpine Type-R 12",
- a pair of Audison Voce 10" subs in a sealed enclosure taking up most of the trunk,
- and this single Audison Thesis 10" sub in a down-firing, sealed enclosure.

Out of the three setups, the pair of Voce 10" subs provided the most bass energy in the cabin of my convertible (no surprise there, given the increased displacement). However, the Thesis TH10 easily provided a more seamless and musical blend of sub-bass with highs and mids. I'm sure that I lost at least 6dB of response just for having a convertible. My previous installer tried to compensate for this by down-firing the sub (with mixed results).

Ultimately, I am selling this exquisite subwoofer, because I know I can't take full advantage of it in my car. Instead, I will be running a single shallow-depth 10" sub in an under-the-dash enclosure, and my trunk will be returned to its stock configuration.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I can second that. I have the Thesis 2 way comp set and I have never heard anything like it. And i've tried a lot:
Focal K2P
Focal KRX2
Iridium DLS
CDT
HAT
Audison MLK
Alpine F1 to name a few closest I got was the Audison MLK oldschool not the new stuff. This speaker are no nonsense what you give is what you get true reproduction without altering sound in any ways.
I imagine the Focal Ultima would be in the same league....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.