DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some extra older clarion ADCS-1 systems i need to move, so i can buy more drivers to experiment with. I figure that this is the place to list them. They have selectable xover points and filters up to 36db, extensive eq section, and is converted by a 20 bit burr brown dac. Great for someone who is experimenting with drivers and component sets. Here is where it gets good. I have a DPAA-1 unit for every system. The DPAA-1 is a dedicated system tuner and rta. It uses an older toshiba laptop for prcocessing power. You can use it as a standalone rta, or plug it into the ADCS-1, and it will autotune for xover point, slope, phase, eq, and time alignment. I have 3 now, looking to sell 2. If you need more info, please let me know. These debuted in 1993, and were available in the US in 1994. Old but good gear. Completely digital source, even the tuner is digital. Will come with CD head unit, DSP chassis, 4 cards, for a total of 14 output channels, and the rta unit.

Pics and info can be found here:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hans1...://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hans14914/my_photos

I am new to this forum, but use the same id on elite, carsound, and sound domain.

Thanks
Hans

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a magazine review scan, and several pics. If you are interested, i will email them to you, but below are some specs:

Clarion Active Digital Control System, ADCS-1,

ProAudio AM/FM stereo, CD player w/CD changer controller DSP, Digital parametric EQ & crossover, DIN chassis w/detachable control panel.

Key features:
-------------
Tuner - *18 FM/6 AM
*Station category search tuning
*60 station memory, Call letter display
*Magi-Tune(tm)+FM

CD - *Full logic CD controls
*Programmable play 99 tracks
*Track music search FF/FB
*Audible FF/FB
*Last position memory

CD changer control - *Programmable play 99 tracks
*100 CD title memory display
*Direct disc select
*Multi-changer control capability
*Track music search FF/FB
*Audible FF/FB

DSP - *5 preset sound balance memories
*5 sound field memories
*7 adjustable sound field parameters

EQ - *4 channel, 6 band digital parametric EQ
*Selectable center frequencies, 31 points, 1/3 octave adjustable Q

X-over - *14 channel digital crossover
*Selectable crossover points
*Selectable crossover slopes 12dB, 24dB, 36dB/octave
*Phase selectors
*Adjustable gain controls
*Independent adjustable time alignments
*5 preset memories

Audio - *Digital audio controls
*Digital fiber optic connections
*20 bit 4 channel D/A converters
*8 times oversampling

General - *Switchable illumination
*User infrared remote control
*Programming infrared remote control
*RS-232 port for parameter programming from DPAA computer

This year we are proud to introduce the Clarion Active Digital Control System (tm), the ADCS-1, as a total digital solution for balancing sound, time- aligning speakers, and creating sound fields that make a car audio system sound like the best home system and beyond. For the consumer, the Active Digital Control System (tm) consists of an X-DA1 4 channel D/A converter, and an X-DP1 central processor. (Adding three X-DA1's to the ADCS-1's central processor will expand the system to 14 channels) The latter unit acts as the brains of the entire system and is programmed to control signal processing, audio equalization, speaker time-alignment and various crossover functions, all within the digital environment. At the helm, the X-CD1 source unit has a built-in CD player with full-logic controls and is filled with features found only on our premium models. Yet this unit also functions as a full featured CD controller that can control up to four CD changers with an optional multi-changer switch box. The X-CD1's tuner section features our electronic quartz-locked PLL tuning with Magi-Tune(tm)+FM reception system. Tuned signals are converted to digital signals and are routed (as are CD signals) via a fiber-optic cable for processing in the ADCS-1's central processor. All audio controls are digital, and the system uses 20 bit D/A converters and 8 times oversampling digital filters to restore audio signals to original analog waveforms. To set-up and tune an installed Active Digital Control System(tm),

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm very interested, but I have NO IDEA the value of this. Could you give a ballpark estimate, or someone else for that matter? I don't want to lowball you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually, it was a little more than that, and the DPAA-1 RTA/system tuner was over $7,000

Come on guys, you know you want 'em

Best offer over $550 gets the first head unit and loaded dsp unit (4 cards), price of the dpaa is negotiable

Hans

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.