DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Any chance you have a box plan for a 2007 - 2013 Silverado Extended Cab under the rear seats for 2 8's ported? I know that's probably a long shot, but I don't want to buy a prefab and try to modify it and just wanted to see what my options are.

Also, what's the lead time on one of these boxes?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Any chance you have a box plan for a 2007 - 2013 Silverado Extended Cab under the rear seats for 2 8's ported? I know that's probably a long shot, but I don't want to buy a prefab and try to modify it and just wanted to see what my options are.

Also, what's the lead time on one of these boxes?
If he isn't busy its 2 weeks. I know right now the wait time is about a month; because he got a rush of orders.

Measure the space and draw a diagram (if its complex), Brian can get you what you need. For two 8's you shouldn't need more than 1.5 cubic feet ( maybe 2 at most) 150$ tops + shipping and no design fee.

Here are some other customizations he offers.

ENCLOSURE OPTIONS

Octo-Ports----$40 and up depending on it's size
Logos-----Start at $15.00
Flush Baffles--------$10 upcharge
Double Baffles--------$10 upcharge
Kerf Ports--------------$20 per kerf
Custom Colored Ports (other than black)-------$5.00
Brass Bolt Terminal Connections-------------$5.00 per pair

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sealed or even better (4th order) would be the way to go for SQ. The 4th order would take up more space.

Ported and tuned low would still be clean and give you more output. You loose some of the tightness sealed gives you IMO.
HOW MANY CUBIC INCHES FOR THE 4TH ORDER BOX? ANY PICS OF A 4TH ORDER BOX YOU HAVE DONE? i AM TRYING TO STAY AS SMALL AS POSSIBLE. I KNOW THIS BOX WILL NOT BE SMALL. I HAVE A 2000 FORD FOCUS ZX3. HOW BIG WOULD THE SEALED BE? OR THE PORTED?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
HOW MANY CUBIC INCHES FOR THE 4TH ORDER BOX? ANY PICS OF A 4TH ORDER BOX YOU HAVE DONE? i AM TRYING TO STAY AS SMALL AS POSSIBLE. I KNOW THIS BOX WILL NOT BE SMALL. I HAVE A 2000 FORD FOCUS ZX3. HOW BIG WOULD THE SEALED BE? OR THE PORTED?
1.375 cu ft sealed
1.75 cu ft ported

4th order would probably be closer to 2.25 cubic foot, but I will have to talk to Brian to confirm that for your specific subwoofer. I will meet with him tomorrow.

In the mean time please give the dimensions that you have available and we can give you some options.

·
Registered
41 Posts
1.375 cu ft sealed
1.75 cu ft ported

4th order would probably be closer to 2.25 cubic foot, but I will have to talk to Brian to confirm that for your specific subwoofer. I will meet with him tomorrow.

In the mean time please give the dimensions that you have available and we can give you some options.

Specs for the jl audio 12w7

Nominal Diameter 12.0 in / 300 mm
Overall Diameter (A) 12.5 in / 318 mm
Mounting Hole Diameter (B) 10.5 in / 267 mm
Bolt Hole Circle (C) 11.27 in / 286 mm
Magnet Diameter (D) 7.5 in / 191 mm
Mounting Depth (E) 9.5 in / 241 mm
Driver Displacement 0.14 cu ft / 4.0 L
Net Weight 45 lb / 20.4 kg

Free Air Resonance (Fs) 27.2 Hz
Electrical “Q” (Qes) 0.514
Mechanical “Q” (Qms) 7.807
Total Speaker “Q” (Qts) 0.482
Equivalent Compliance (Vas) 2.33 cu ft / 66.0 L
One-Way Linear Excursion (Xmax)* 1.15 in / 29 mm
Reference Efficiency (no) 0.25%
Efficiency (1 W / 1 m)** 86.2 dB SPL
Effective Piston Area (Sd) 84 sq in / 0.0542 sq m
DC Resistance (Re) 2.47 Ω

·
Registered
643 Posts
I emailed him also. He got back to me and said he would only be making boxes for ppl that are local to him in Tennessee.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Well that sucks... I am looking to have a top-notch box made for the Tahoe for 3 JBL W15GTi subs. :( I'd be willing to pay freight shipping for something done really well. <sigh>

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Brian has stopped doing internet builds, I know of another guy DCAR customs
He does business through another forum
DCAR Customs

hope that helps you guys

41 - 51 of 51 Posts