DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys I bough this computer a year ago to start my Sign/Graphic arts business but never got running. I paid $1800 for it with only 80GB HDD. I upgraded the HD to 600GB another $300 newegg prices. I was going to keep it as my normal daily PC but I moved to my grandparents house until our house is ready on december and I have no place to put it, my wife haves her laptop but I need my own, so I need to sell this to buy me a laptop.

PC stuff prices go down very quickly so I'm hopping to get $900 Shipped. Conditions are 9-9.5/10

Desktop Tower /keyboard/mouse $675 Shipped SOLD/TRADED

22" LCD Monitor $200 Shipped

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6600 (2.4GHz,1066FSB) with 4MB cache
4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz
256MB NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS
22 in (22 in viewable) E228WFPWide Aspect Digital Flat Panel
(2) 300GB Sata II harddrives 7,200rpm 600gb total good for raid setups
CDRW/DVD Drive
USB Dell Keyboard
USB Optical Mouse
Includes a fresh installed OS (Win XP SP3 or Vista Ultimate or both) your choice but NO CD, I can also install Corel 12 or 13 for free.
KEY for windows Vista Home is included

Runs games like a baby, photoshop and corel draw rendering process is fast. Is a very stable PC and runs very fast.

MONITOR IS THE ONLY THING AVAILABLE

·
Registered
226 Posts
PC stuff prices go down very quickly so I'm hopping to get $900 Shipped. Conditions are 9-9.5/10

Would you split up the PC and monitor? If so, how much for the PC?

I have a Dell 2407WFP 24" monitor, so I only have interest in the PC.

JD

·
Registered
122 Posts
Can I ask why you won't include an OS installation CD? With most Windows versions, you're only allowed to have it installed on one computer at a time, so you should have no reason to keep any installation CDs.

I also say this, because you're giving an option of XP or Vista. It wouldn't be an issue if you didn't offer both, because pre-built computers generally have an OS key on a sticker (somewhere on the computer). In which case, the user could just torrent a non-cracked ISO of XP or Vista (whichever the key was meant for) and use that to install it (if you didn't include any installation disks). But to offer both means you're not using one of them with the key on the computer, AND you're keeping the installation disk. No offense, but that seems very fishy, unless you plan on giving them a key in case something goes wrong. Not only that, but for all we know, you could possibly be using the key included on the computer for some other Windows installation on another computer. I'd recommend you include the installation disk, or give us a good reason why you aren't/can't and why we should trust that.

I was also going to say the price was a bit steep, but then I remembered you're including a 22" LCD monitor, which with shipping, actually makes it an OK deal outside of what I mentioned above.

To whoever might buy this, the 7900GS is a decent card, but I'd recommend upgrading that if you're a heavy gamer. It's a semi-outdated video card (but that's because they have new models every few months), and on that 22" monitor, don't expect to play Crysis at high settings with that video card. ;)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can I ask why you won't include an OS installation CD? With most Windows versions, you're only allowed to have it installed on one computer at a time, so you should have no reason to keep any installation CDs.

I also say this, because you're giving an option of XP or Vista. It wouldn't be an issue if you didn't offer both, because pre-built computers generally have an OS key on a sticker (somewhere on the computer). In which case, the user could just torrent a non-cracked ISO of XP or Vista (whichever the key was meant for) and use that to install it (if you didn't include any installation disks). But to offer both means you're not using one of them with the key on the computer, AND you're keeping the installation disk. No offense, but that seems very fishy, unless you plan on giving them a key in case something goes wrong. Not only that, but for all we know, you could possibly be using the key included on the computer for some other Windows installation on another computer. I'd recommend you include the installation disk, or give us a good reason why you aren't/can't and why we should trust that.

I was also going to say the price was a bit steep, but then I remembered you're including a 22" LCD monitor, which with shipping, actually makes it an OK deal outside of what I mentioned above.

To whoever might buy this, the 7900GS is a decent card, but I'd recommend upgrading that if you're a heavy gamer. It's a semi-outdated video card (but that's because they have new models every few months), and on that 22" monitor, don't expect to play Crysis at high settings with that video card. ;)
I bought this computer with Vista Home Edition they key is on the machine, but Dell didn't gave me any CD for vista, I didn't care at the moment because I had to install Win Xp on it to run my plotters and to be stable on corel draw etc. A year ago Vista had a lot of bugs and issues with corel and my plotter drivers.

I don't include the CD's becuase the ones that I have are hacked versions that can be used without a key.

They key for Vista Home is attached on the Desktop you can use it if you want. But I don't have the CD for vista home

PS: I play Crysis all the time and it works perfeclty on 1600x1200 resolution. but haven't try it HIGH settings.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I bought this computer with Vista Home Edition they key is on the machine, but Dell didn't gave me any CD for vista, I didn't care at the moment because I had to install Win Xp on it to run my plotters and to be stable on corel draw etc. A year ago Vista had a lot of bugs and issues with corel and my plotter drivers.

I don't include the CD's becuase the ones that I have are hacked versions that can be used without a key.

They key for Vista Home is attached on the Desktop you can use it if you want. But I don't have the CD for vista home
Ok, then not including the Vista DVD is perfectly fine. I wouldn't sell someone a computer with a hacked installation of XP or Vista, though. That can just cause problems down the road for the buyer. If the buyer is aware, though, then that's up to them. At least anyone who buys it will know why you're not including a CD now. Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Understandable...that's not a bad price considering Dell monitors are usually very good, and that's just a bit under what they sell for new (but you said it's in great condition).
They are in special right now for $239 because of a Limited Time Offer they have, but the original price is $289, I prefer to sell everything in one package. I still have this charged on my Business DELL Credit Card $1800 :( not adding the $300 I paid for the upgraded Harddrives in newegg.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you've got the Vista license key on the bottom, you should be able to contact dell (through dell technical support chat, or maybe dell customer service chat), and request a copy of the Vista install disk. They may say no at first, just say you never got the original install disks and that you want to reinstall. If you're persistent you should be able to get it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you've got the Vista license key on the bottom, you should be able to contact dell (through dell technical support chat, or maybe dell customer service chat), and request a copy of the Vista install disk. They may say no at first, just say you never got the original install disks and that you want to reinstall. If you're persistent you should be able to get it.

Yo much trouble hehe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts