DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, another DIYMA 12 FS thread. I bought mine not to terribly long ago. Received it, played it for <10 minutes, took it out and put it back in the original cardboard box. Honestly - I didn't really like it. Sounded just like my AE AV15, which I didn't like either. $125 shipped in the continental US.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And I have TONS of references, btw. I just realized my post count here is fairly low. I've been on caf for 8+ years now, so plenty of people know me over there as kennyg.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Common guys, you and Arhuctek are only two people selling these subs on the whole panet. Technically speaking you make up an Oligopoly. You are price makers and the rest of us are price takers, please form a cartel with Arhuctec for new price standards. Competition kills. :D

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Common guys, you and Arhuctek are only two people selling these subs on the whole panet. Technically speaking you make up an Oligopoly. You are price makers and the rest of us are price takers, please form a cartel with Arhuctec for new price standards. Competition kills. :D
Mine are spoken for....lol I left money on the table...lol

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have one i am not currently using..... i am gonna wait a few more months, cause by my math it should be worth $400......:surprised:

GL with the sale, someonne will pick this up @ that price......:cool:

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Why such the uproar regarding the price on these subs?

1) You are all forgetting how much it will cost to ship a ~40lbs subwoofer
2) The seller can choose what price to set....if you dont want it dont buy it, easy and simple
3) Supply and demand, while i dont totally agree you should be able to understand

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is great, lol. While I understand your gripes, I'm not looking to make money on the sub. I just want my $100 back for something I basically didn't use.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And, if it doens't sell by the weekend it's going on ebay for the same $125 plus $25 shipped npdang had them on ebay for.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Does this mean that my 1st gen AA Assassins are worth $500.00 each now?

Holey crap, I should be asking $1500.00 for my Phoenix Gold Sapphire SA3.0X.

You seem like a smart kid. Unregulated competition kills everything.

·
Registered
438 Posts
And you think by thread crapping that you are regulating competition?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Bump for a good price.
Just because these sold for less to a few people doesn't mean it's worth any less than his asking price, it's not like you can get a time machine for $25 and get one for a hundred bucks again.
$125 is still an amazing price for this sub.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
IMO giving it 10 minutes of test time is doing your ears a disservice. I have had mine pounding away behind my back seat for many weeks now and it seems to get better and better. Plus, a little EQ goes a long way with this one.

Putting it in a large ported box also should be a knockout.

G/L with sale but IMO you should at least experiment w/ it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
got any t/s on the sub?

Try searching. This is the post Npdang most recently used to sell this beautiful piece of goodness:cool:

I have had one of mine hooked up for about 4weeks and if def. gets better with time (like a fine wine:rolleyes:). I have yet to find any kind of music is doesn't do well ,if not great.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/classifieds/57117-diyma-12-sub-clearance-until-supplies-last.html

Features:

* Heavy 12 spoke cast aluminum basket.
* Massive 3”x 2” 4 layer copper voice coil wound on a black aluminum former for high thermal powerhandling.
* Custom machined aluminum ring and thick pole sleeve for ultra low driver inductance and inductance related distortion.
* Dual spider design improves mechanical powerhandling and stability.
* Sewn-in tinsel leads prevents dreaded “tinsel lead slap” noise.
* Ventilation beneath the spider and through the large pole vent maximizes voice coil cooling.
* Durable, long lasting rubber surround.
* Removable one piece rubber gasket provides an air tight seal for mounting.
* White anodized aluminum cone.
* Spring loaded terminals for easy connection.
* Attractive multi-magnet motor
* Extremely low distortion and BL compression

Specs:

* Acceptable enclosure size: .25 to 1.5cft sealed box (larger enclosures INCREASE powerhandling)
* Acceptable amplifer power range: 200 to 1000 watts per sub
* Recommended for typical SQ use: 1cft + 300 watt amplifier power
* Single 4 ohm voice coil
* QTS: .354
* FS: 25hz
* VAS: 41.7 L
* RE: 3.6 Ohm
* BL: 22
* SPL: 84.3 dbwm
* Le: 1.3mh
* Xmax: 23mm 1 way (71% bl, 25% cms)
* Xmech: 64mm peak to peak
* Weight: 37 lbs
* Cutout diameter: 28cm
* Mounting depth: 16cm
* Driver volume: .15 cft

·
Registered
48 Posts

Lol, I'm studying for my CFA and its funny I try to get away from it for a couple of minutes and check out some Car Audio stuff, and here you are talking about Oligopoly seller. Free bump...

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
one of mine i got from npdang might be bad...so i might keep a close eye on this sub. i cant really find out untill i really test it with my amp though..i might do a test tommorow or tonight. not sure.

bump for a great sub

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PM's replied to. Somebody local may want it, so obviously they will get first dibs over shipping it, unless somebody contacts me and wants to send paypal monies immediately.

·
Registered
771 Posts
And you think by thread crapping that you are regulating competition?
I believe I was talking to beerhero. I would buy the sub for 125.00.

Now if he was asking 175.+ the message would be to the seller.

So put up some $$ my pretties

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.