DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not going to lie, economic times are hard and I'm having to basically withdraw from the vehicular modification game. I absolutely HATE to get rid of this thing, but am forced to at this point.

Pretty much THE best of the best, features on-board burr brown chips providing just about the purest, distortion free sound to your drivers. You'll find this amp in several award winning sound competition vehicles. Had it mated for a bit to a pioneer prs-880 with middle-of-the-line DLS MS6a front stage driven active, and let me tell you...it sounded nothing short of incredible. Also looks like a masterpiece with gold plated accents throughout, makes an incredible display piece in any installation.

Comes with individual low pass and high pass filters per channel pair, meaning those with feature limited headunits can really fine tune their front stage. Check out the internals...top notch throughout. Believe it or not, this thing will pump out up to 4x214 watts at a 1 ohm load.

The following is a review of the amp, which pretty much destroyed the phoenix gold titanium in a showdown:
http://www.dls.se/files/564/2/A4 in AutoHifi 4-2003.pdf

Here are the stats:

Number of channels 4
Amplifier class AB
Output power in 4 ohm 4 x 85 W
Output power in 2 ohm 4 x 145 W
Output power in 1 ohm 4 x 220 W
Mono bridge mode 4 ohm 2 x 250 W
Mono bridge mode 2 ohm 2 x 400 W
Damping factor > 200
S/N ratio, A-weighted > 100 dB
Frequency range 10 Hz - 50 kHz
Input impedance, high level N/A
Input sensitivity 0,2 - 7 V
Input impedance > 10 kohm
Filters channel A & B LP: 50-125 Hz. HP: 20-200 Hz / 60-600 Hz
Filters channel C & D LP: 45-200 Hz / 90-400 Hz. HP: 20-200 Hz
Dual DC inputs 1
External cooling fan terminal 1
Power consumption (idle) 1,5 A
Power consumption (max) 95 A
Dimension (W x D x H) 465 x 240 x 73 mm (18,30 x 9,45 x 2,87 inches)
Rec. power cable Minimum 4AWG / 21 mm2
Weight 6,6 kg ( 14,55 lb)

These things retail for over $6xx - $1k new, are extremely hard to come by nowadays, and are worth every single penny.

DLS Ultimate A4 (dlsa4) Multi-channel Amps Car Amplifiers Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix

Amp is 100 percent functional and just about perfect cosmetically save for a few scratches on the black underside breather panel (which isn't visible once installed). Garaunteed 100 percent authentic, comes with original box and all included manuals.

Asking price is 420 dollars shipped via lightning quick USPS with tracking number. I'll cover shipping and paypal fees. Perfect feedback under same SN on Ebay and on here as well as several other forums. Paypal verified business account...will only accept payment/ship to confirmed address. Need this beast gone. First come, first serve. Thanks for looking, and don't hesitate to ask questions!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Im not trying to downplay your sale just thought people should be aware

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Just a heads up to the OP- If you're only going to post one current photo, it might be wise to take a picture of your username and current date next to the actual amp, rather than just the box and manual, especially considering the history here. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im not trying to downplay your sale just thought people should be aware

Thanks for buyer headsup...but I assure since the amp has been in my possession there has not been an issue yet.

As per 'current' photo, I have flawless feedback on ebay under same username, as well as on here and over 5 other forums....if I wanted to 'con' someone at this point it'd be pretty pointless (though I understand where you're coming from). Amp is still in my car though, but if someone wanted pics of the actual amp (same condition), then I could provide those upon request.

Price is 410 shipped, thanks. If no interest by tomorrow morning it will be going up on ebay for a 1 day auction and I'll let the market dictate what it's worth.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks man, yes indeed they are gorgeous!

Last call on here before it goes up on the 'bay later today

390 shipped via paypal to continental U.S.!

·
Registered
69 Posts
They are beautiful amps and sweet sounding. I almost freaked out when I saw made in Taiwan, thinking I had a fake, but that is urban legend. The old Reference RA25 has "made in Sweden" on the box. Good price.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts