DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale I have some gems I’ve been trying forever to acquire for dream build but due to size restraints and bills here recently I’m forced to part ways them in hopes someone puts them to good use. All were acquired off DIYMA and the FST mids and RAAL’s were from Steve Waigner’s previous build from last season. He gets first dibs on the RAALs because he inquired about a possible a buy back but if he passes they are up for grabs. Everything is gently used and in very good condition as you can see from the pictures. All prices are shipped (CONUS) and pp fees included. The only item I don’t have the original box for is the Fiio X7 MKii.

1. Dynaudio Esotar 650 - Have not gotten to play these even close to their potential but were tested in full working order and their reputation speaks for themselves.

2. B&W FST 6” Kevlar Midrange LF02359 - Amazing set of drivers and its hard to listen to anything else after you hear them in your system. Very detailed and incredibly good but couldn’t fit a 6” midrange into my pillars without it looking too intrusive. These are out of the Diamond towers and all FST drivers are not the same from cabinet to cabinet.

3. RAAL 140-15D Ribbon tweeters - As good as it gets, seriously. They are roughly the size of a brick so again, couldn’t squeeze them into my current setup without some extreme fabrication.

4. Fiio X7 mkii - High Res media player with custom black leather with red stitching case. I’ve got some extra screws and a couple of cable adapters I’ll include as well.

Price

1. $525

2. $450

3. $700

4. $350

Pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Them kevlars are dope! Glws , if nobody buys them I would love to try them
I have a 6.5” pillar build those would sound bad ass in
If I could have somehow made them work in my pillars I absolutely wouldn’t be selling these. The clarity and openness of these mids is hard if not almost impossible to beat and I’ve tried numerous top tier midranges in the last few years and this has been one of my favorites.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
If I could have somehow made them work in my pillars I absolutely wouldn’t be selling these. The clarity and openness of these mids is hard if not almost impossible to beat and I’ve tried numerous top tier midranges in the last few years and this has been one of my favorites.

How old is it? It’s neo so it’s not ancient, but still. Can someone buy those new raw drivers today somewhere? Do you have a link if I may

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How old is it? It’s neo so it’s not ancient, but still. Can someone buy those new raw drivers today somewhere? Do you have a link if I may
The only way that I know of to obtain raw B&W drivers is through their replacement parts site set up for existing B&W customers. Basically you need to have owned a registered set of the diamond cabinets or any other cabinet/tower that may have this particular FST driver along with it. I’ve looked it up before to see if I could try and purchase these directly but you need a reference number to your registered B&W product to actually make a purchase. These aren’t but maybe two years old I’d imagine at most as Steve got them brand new I’m almost positive. I’m sure they have a few hours of use but nothing crazy being they were in his competition vehicle. $347 is what they are listed at per driver on the B&W website. Here’s a link. B&W Group North America Service & Support - B&W Parts Price & Availability

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Specs on the B&W mids aren't listed. The ones here were only tested briefly. I still have the ones used in my van for competition :) Same model.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I want everything but have no idea where to use it . Especially those ribbons!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Screw it, let me get the Fiio. I’ll find some use for it. What’s ur PayPal

·
Registered
935 Posts
Oh! My bad. Fiio is urs. I didn’t know what to do with it anyways lolllll.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I actually had just responded to the first responder to the first inquiry on the fiio. If he accepts the terms for shipping to Canada I’ll give him first dibs. If not, Mr. Greene will be up next. Sorry for the delay, I’ve had some serious health issues the last couple of days.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Specs on the B&W mids aren't listed. The ones here were only tested briefly. I still have the ones used in my van for competition :) Same model.
I heard your van at finals in 2018, and that’s what’s got me interested in these lol.... I’m about to start chopping up my dash and was just curious what kind of space they like, realistic frequency range and power handling.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dam you mrgreen lol I pmd him couple days ago with a few questions about the fiio. But I guess he just didn’t want to deal with me.
Replied to your PM with my PayPal info last night. Let me know if you’d still like to get the Fiio or if it will go with Mr. Greene.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I heard your van at finals in 2018, and that’s what’s got me interested in these lol.... I’m about to start chopping up my dash and was just curious what kind of space they like, realistic frequency range and power handling.
Can’t say for certain as to exact crossover points aside from the typical points you’d usually do in a 3-way setup but as far as space needed I’d say very minimal as they have little to no moving mass as the Kevlar is mounted directly to the basket with just a very thin layer of foam separating the the two so there’s no surround like a typical driver. Whatever your able to mount them in will suffice given the area needed to accommodate the depth of the magnet. They take minimal power as well to make them shine so you’ll need to dial it back a bit from what you’d normally throw at a midrange. I mounted them in cabinets along with the raals and the dyns and they definitely stood out from the others before dialing in the gain a good bit. Can’t really say about how low they’ll play(remember there’s no moving mass so low end extension won’t be their strong suit but as a true midrange they are absolutely crystal clear well into where you’d normally use your tweeter to handle the top end. Captainobvious could give you the exact range and share his settings with you I’d imagine if you shot him a pm. He’s helped me more times than I can count and has went above and beyond what I’d expect anyone to do in going into details and help for a stranger.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
If you do a sealed enclosure, make it 2.5 liters or more. You can do them "IB" as well. Xover should be 300hz/24db at the very lowest. I typically run them around 325hz/LR4 and they should be cut off on the top end around 2.5K. They have a whopping 96db sensitivity so they get plenty loud with minimal power (and excursion, which is also limited).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts