DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two active head units for sale. I have not tested the internal amp on either, but can if requested.

Eclipse CD7000 $110 shipped CONUS
Comes with: deck, faceplate, wiring harness, case.
Missing cage, trim ring, remote, manual (dl it here: CD7000 manual), and the small button trim in the center of the rotary control (still functions without it).

Works fine, only issue is the face will occasionally not turn on. Detach and re-attach the face gets it to come back on. Seems to happen more in the cold. I've read that this is a known issue with these decks.
Otherwise it's in very good condition and works fine.

Alpine CDA-9853 with KCA-420i iPod interface $110 shipped CONUS
Comes with everything. deck, cage, face, case, harness, trim ring, remote, screws, removal tool, original box.
In very good condition, only very minor scratches on face, slight wear on knob.

Had problems reading CDs though. I received it w/ CD in it, was able to eject it, but would not read any that I put in. It would pull it in, start a clicking noise, and say no disc. Could get it out by holding eject in a few seconds. I'm still a CD guy so this was an issue and I purchased another 9853. I have since opened this one up, didn't notice any damage or missing parts, although one of the springs appeared to be disjointed a bit. After working it back in and testing I was able to use the CD player successfully about a dozen times, and only got the clicking once, and I had the deck on it's side when that happened. So while I've got it working now, I can't guarantee it.
I do not own an ipod, previous owner said he used it all the time with no trouble.

No trades.

Pictures (sorry - poor cell phone pics). I can get better pics if needed.
CD7000

CDA-9853
Here it is successfully reading MP3 CD:

·
Registered
965 Posts
I would like to purchase the CDA-9853. I will Pm you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
closeup of the missing piece on the eclipse?
Missing piece is circled in red (this is from a stock photo). I can get a better pic of the actual missing piece tonight.
The entire center pushes down to select. I don't know if this missing button trim makes it any easier or not, but I've always read complaints of how cumbersome the button is, and I know I've noticed it. It's very easy to accidentally push left or right instead of clicking in.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Great prices. Had I not bought a 7000 the other night I would be all over this

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
If he doesn't buy the eclipse, i will. I texted you earlier about the cd7000 and the 9887 you had already sold. Good to see you are a member on here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.