DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an unusual unit. Don't worry, I won't suddenly realize that I have a Zapco DAII and a PG preamp on hand, and change my mind :

Rosen A9 in Cool Gray - pics and specs

The onboard DVD drive uses a made in Japan Sanyo transport and loader. The factory modified this unit so that it has an optical Toslink digital out (for DVD audio only - not for any analog aux inputs). For this reason the IR headphones are inoperative and there are none included.

The remote for this unit will deploy the 9" 16:9 screen. It is NOT an HD-level screen, I think it is 480 lines vertical. The screen has a dampled deployment mechanism. If you are doing some custom install, you could wire the solenoid which releases the screen to some sort of switch or button. It is not a motorized deployment so it does not close itself, just open.

The A9 won awards for industrial design, and is probably the best-looking overhead system ever made.

If anyone is interested I will post pics. Since it is an unusual unit, I won't go to the trouble of doing so unless there is demand.

$400 shipped continental US.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Bump for a quality unit. My company was a cable assembly supplier to Rosen when they got into being a supplier to the automotive industry for overhead systems. Prior to that Rosen had been a supplier primarily to the aviation industry. If you supply aviation, your product has to be bulletproof. They made great product, but the Automotive guys nearly put them under. I don't know a lot about this particular unit, but can speak for the typical quality of components and QC of this company.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts