DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: Four Biketronics BT4180 amps - Hypex based 5'x7" powerhouses

4K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  2010hummerguy 
#1 ·
Product Brand & Model:
Biketronics BT4180 Hypex UCD180OEM based amps. These things are the best 12v amps that I have ever worked with, see my full review here:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...bt4180-amp-review-youve-all-been-waiting.html

These make 4x180w@4ohms and 4x360w@2ohms. Run cool for hours and fit just about anywhere.

Condition of all items:
Brand new sealed in box with lifetime warranties.

Total Price: :
$525 shipped/insured each in the USA via USPS Priority. Shipping discounts if you buy two or more.

Shipping Terms: :
Included.

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:
Bought these for two upcoming installs but I now no longer need this many. If you are waiting on the BT Group Buy, the pricing will be the same but you can get a better deal on these amps right now vs. when the actual Group Buy happens.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

See less See more
#9 ·
Can't go wrong with lifetime warranty...unless there will be a hassle to claim it. Am sure that's why they are priced at 565.00 (too much, IMHO) so they can cover the replacement units 3-4x in the future if needed.

I sure would love to get my hands on one to test it for actual power....or send one to BigDWiz am sure he would want to test one...hope am not late, lol.

#10 ·
There is no hassle to claim the warranty, BT has just about the best service I have ever witnessed. One reason why they have such a cult following in the motorcycle community, they take very good care of their people.

Retail for the BT4180 is $585, not $565. When you factor in the module costs, case, input stage and PSU, building one DIY would likely be the same or more expensive. A similar Channel Islands amp with UCD180 modules is $2k and a Genesis amp with UCD modules is $10k. So not sure what you're basing your opinion on :)

#12 ·
Yeah I see the Hypex modules are quite expensive...my bad. 92% efficiency is pretty awesome, and the size as well of course this is just the UcD180. Must require quite a large power supply to power up four modules/ch. I just can't see 740watts RMS from that thing...does it have a inline fuse what amperage rating?

#20 ·
so the group buy is going to net a savings of less than 60 bucks off the retail?

I figure it'll be less than 8 months before some enterprising chap in the Behringer/Cadence mold, takes the reverse engineering into mainland China and some really nice clones of the UcD modules makes it's way into the <$300 per four channel entries..

I mean, I get it. Gotta charge high while you're monopolizing the market but critical success will bring out the counterfeit artisans, who really don't care about intellectual property and all that...

I mean, if I could get a cloned BT4180 from Epsilon or Maxxtronics or AAMP or even, uBuy, for half the knickers I'd be okay with it...

and that's the market.

But Biketronics isn't worried, right?

I mean, anything that comes out looking like Tripath is a cautionary tale, waiting to happen...
Why not put this elsewhere and stop screwing with the man's for sale thread?

Otherwise I would love to try this amp out, seems too good to be true. But so was radio, and television, and gas powered vehicles, and nuclear energy, and cellphones, and every other electrical thing that has yet to exist :D

#22 ·
okay, I tried to delete the post, but my mouse is screwy so I don't know if that's the reason I can't even edit the post.

sorry Architect7.

I didn't mean anything bad by it, but it appears that I've crapped on your for sale thread and I can't even undo it, so...

:(

#24 ·
Then click on "edit" for each of your posts, delete your posts and then click "save changes". Not sure what a mouse has to do with this but if you can't figure it out on your computer then please do it from your phone.

Let's get some things straight here because there are a lot of misguided statements here that need heavy correction.

The Hypex UcD class D technology has been around for many years. If Behringer or Ubuy or whatever Chinese build house wanted to copy the design, it would have already been done. But they can't so they won't. There will be no "cheap" version of these amps available at any point in time. If anyone wants to know more about UcD tech, please let me know and I can direct you to the original designer's very extensive whitepaper.

I made these available to DIYMA ahead of the group buy because my PM inbox has been exploding with messages asking about these amps and I just happen to not need these four anymore. I wanted to give any early adopters a chance to try these as soon as possible while at a better deal than retail. I am absorbing 2-day shipping, insurance and Paypal fees. This is not my day job and I am not a salesman for BT. I do this because I love all things audio, I love products that truly are games changers and I want to see my friends at BT succeed in the car audio world.

If anyone doesn't like the price, don't buy one. If people think the 10%+ discount I have arranged is not good enough, please move on. If you are sensitive to price and willing to install a lower quality amp to save money, go for it. No one is stopping you but please don't dump your opinion here. This listing is not a request for debate; this is an offer for those of you who want to try one of these amps right away at a discount.

To be honest I am now a little soured on arranging the group buy. If it is just going to attract a bunch of negative attention as this thread did today, it is not worth the stress for me.

Do to the fact that im heading to Mexico in March with the family im trying to be conservative on spending until after that.. Otherwise id be picking one of these up. I do plan on trying these yet this year for sure, I have a feeling these little amps will be a pleasant surprise! I love surprises.
Let me know when you are ready to try one when you get your new ride, I'm sure we can figure something out :)

#23 ·
Do to the fact that im heading to Mexico in March with the family im trying to be conservative on spending until after that.. Otherwise id be picking one of these up. I do plan on trying these yet this year for sure, I have a feeling these little amps will be a pleasant surprise! I love surprises.

#28 ·
Not sure if this has already been covered but do these amps take well to an 8 ohm load? What can one expect from each channel at this load? And are the modules bridgeable? I'm asking this to get the answers in this thread for all to see. Will probably be at least a year before I'm able to get one. Spent way too much on car audio in the past couple of months to justify buying something else so soon.

#29 ·
UcD180 modules easily drive 8 ohm loads, ~100wrms per channel. Bridging is possible but requires custom work (invert input on one module, parallel the outputs) and output is current limited. We may see BT4180 amps with two UcD400 modules or a single UcD700 module to fulfill higher power needs at some point later this year.

Only one BT4180 left!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.