DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, you read correctly. One of my beloved 2.2HVs is up for sale. It was pulling sub duty, but has been replaced by the 5002 I just got in today.

Here's the deal, I'd really prefer a trade for different amps (Linear Power amps only). Something like a 652IQ and a 992IQ, or something similar. I'm wanting staggered ratings, because one will be for tweeters the other for midranges. Also, depending what you have to offer I still expect a bit of cash added on your end.

Or, if you want to buy it outright, I'm asking what I paid for it, 500 shipped and insured.

Other than the mounting feet, the case is nearly flawless minus the very tiny dings I took a macro shot of. Oh, and the LP badge no longer sticks, it fell off once, got dirty and well, that was that.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
sex. that is a beautiful amp. wish i had staggered amps to trade you (well, that i was willing to let go off at least :p)

·
Registered
365 Posts
How much for the Peeps?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sex. that is a beautiful amp. wish i had staggered amps to trade you (well, that i was willing to let go off at least :p)
I had a feeling something like that would happen. The few LP collectors here, have stuff to trade, but don't want to :( No biggie, I know that I'll sell it either way. :)

What I'm really looking forward to is using the 5002 to push a pair of DIYMA R12s. That will be sex, and I may get it modded to do crazy power @ 8ohms mono.

How much for the Peeps?
500 shipped, and you get an LP 2.2HV as well!! What a deal :p

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
No joke. This should get at least $600. I've seen trashed ones go for $500 and we all know that ridiculous $610 for a DPS500. Hell, I want to buy it and I already finished selling off most of my 2.2s.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No joke. This should get at least $600. I've seen trashed ones go for $500 and we all know that ridiculous $610 for a DPS500.

Yea, I forgot how good of shape it was in until I took it out earlier today. I'm sure I could get more, but like I said I'm selling it for what I paid.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Why is this still here?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm really tempted to pull the trigger too.... especially with the following these things have they gotta be beyond words can describe... ok maybe sex will doo ...:p

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Damn the economy! Shipping and insurance are about $30. That means a 2.2 in excellent condition has lasted more than two hours for $470. :(

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
What the hell?!?! I just noticed something. That LP has WIMA film caps! I never realized that. My Titanium LP had WIMAs and I sold it. :mad:

It appears that purple board 2.2s have WIMAs and the green boards don't. Who knows which ones came first?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm thinkin that this version is the newer ones. My other LP has a green board, but I don't remember what the caps look like, been forever since I opened that one.

My other 2.2 has different speaker terminals as well, not sure if that's the only differences.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Purple boards seem to use Motorola TO-3s while my green board has Sankens. That's not a big deal, but I am surprised to see WIMAs on the LP.

You're getting your money's worth on the 2.2. Just the TO-3s and the WIMAs are about $95 in parts. I've never even seen WIMAs used on an amp under $1,200.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hell, I didn't even know that the 2.2s were made using purple boards. That was the first time I opened up this one.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Purple boards seem to use Motorola TO-3s while my green board has Sankens. That's not a big deal, but I am surprised to see WIMAs on the LP.

You're getting your money's worth on the 2.2. Just the TO-3s and the WIMAs are about $95 in parts. I've never even seen WIMAs used on an amp under $1,200.
I'm pretty sure ALL Linear Power T0-3's are Motorola. If you have Sanken's, they are probably replacements for the Motorola's. You can check that by asking Ray or John (6Appeal).

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I'm pretty sure ALL Linear Power T0-3's are Motorola. If you have Sanken's, they are probably replacements for the Motorola's. You can check that by asking Ray or John (6Appeal).
I'm pretty sure this one was never modified in any way (the one with Sankens). I had two others, one purple board with SSI TO-3s and the WIMA caps and another green board one with Motorolas. The purple board one had been modified which explains the different TO-3s.

·
Registered
392 Posts
All mine have Motorolas. I know that there have been several times when the TO3's were tough to get, which might explain the differences. Ray is the better person to ask.

bass_lover1 - You have PM

John

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.