DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this "universal" alternator from Powerbastards.com and tried to put it in my car. It doesn't fit real well and I have an ELD issue, which the company is not willing to help me out with or so it seems. This thing has not "been used" it's simply attempted to be installed and since has been sitting in it's box. I have, supposidly, a different (wider) pulley coming from the company, and will throw that in with the sale as well. However, I have yet to see that, and in all honesty, am not sure I will ever see it.

I have the reciept along with the original box, and it's been wrapped in bubble paper to protect it.

I will post pics later. I paid $316.28, shipping included, and would like to get at least that back. I would rather not go below $300.00 and I would pay for shipping to get it too you. I would, however, listen to reasonable offers as well.

I'm also looking for a Kinetic HC1400 or HC1800 and would consider a trade for on or the other of these.

There is nothing wrong with this alternator. I just am not happy with this company and have grown tired and frustrated with dealing with them and really don't want their product in my car anymore. It's past the "30 days" so I cannot return it, but I would like to get rid of it if I can.

Sorry about the long opening. Pics to come tonight!

Here's a link to the website where I got it from.:mean::mad: High Output Alternators Accessories, 220AMP Alternator for Imports and Domestics, Fitzall-220 | PowerBastards.com

·
Registered
587 Posts
The day has arrived- good luck to you, scoot.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. Not sure what you mean by the day has arrived, but ok, I'll go with it. So here are the pictures I promised you.

The pic of the reciept is not really clear, my camera is about 7 years old and sucks the big one. So anything in writing up close is crap. But rest assured I have it and the paypal reciept and anything else you might want for this. The rest are of the alternator in the box etc.

I would prefer to deal with pay pal only by the way. If you have any questions please ask. Thanks!

So that's it. I look forward to hearing from everyone and selling to someone! Thanks!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Where did the photo's go? I was just looking at them a second ago!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Um let me check on that. Don't know what happened to them.

The eld is a honda thing. It's an electronic load detector, computer system, in the newer hondas that SUCKS ASS!!! it's supposed to make the car more efficient and more economical. But it's crap. Search around the site, you'll see lots on it.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
apparently I forgot to post the amperage. It's a 220 amp high output alternator. Sorry about that!

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
i'd liberate you from your anguish , if the damn tax-man wasn't so slow to pay me back the thousands he owes me.

the eld is a great idea...just not for us audio guys..
honestly,honda should of made it so that it is easily removable or by-passable.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess noone needs an alternator huh!? I'm gonna put it on ebay this week, but I'd rather sell it to someone here.

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
any trades? I mean other than the kinetiks?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stinky I'm in the same boat my friend. I've got a few grand comming back, first year ever, and I'm wondering how long it'll be before I see it, if I see it. I'll be paying next years taxes with it the way things are going!!!

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
PM sent.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts