DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would make this a seperate posting. I have a Helix HXA500 five channel amplifier for sale. Pictures have been included with this posting.

Retails at $920.00
Will sell for $250.00 shipped + 3% PPal fee.

Here are some pictures:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/tn_audiophile/56721143_173805411_0.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/tn_audiophile/56721659_173807153_0.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/tn_audiophile/56721792_173807595_0.jpg

Specs:

50 watts x 4 + 250 watts x 1
3-way crossover built-in
One band Parametric EQ on sub channel
Phase control on sub channel.
9"W x 17"L x 1.25"H
Very compact amplifier
Silver in color
works perfectly
One mark on amplifier can be seen in photos and screws that attach the smoked plexiglass cover has been misplaced. I can replace those if needed.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know Robert, I'm trying to make it as enticing as possible.

I plan to upgrade to the Helix B-Series.

J

·
Registered
6 Posts
wow..250..want to hold it till mid January for me...lol

just kidding..unless you really want too! :)

free bump even though its atop the threads

·
Registered
524 Posts
You have an email....

Wait...aren't you bidding on one of these on eBay right now? :confused:

·
Registered
757 Posts
I've always loved the "techie" look of Helix amps......this is a deal, if I had a need for a 5 channel, I'd be all over this!

·
Registered
524 Posts
That is wierd then. There is a Tn_Audiophile with a high bid on another Helix HXA500 on eBay. I guess it is just a coincidence then... :confused:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the Helix amps...

I was planning on using two of these amplifiers, one for the right side and one for the left side, in a vertically bi-amped set-up to maximize the stereo seperation. I have the high bid on the e-bay amplifier however I have not reached the reserve amount. During all this, an opportunity to buy some Helix B-Series amplifiers has came about and I would like to go that way, they have a Class A input section.

I have owned about 4 of these HXA500 amplifiers - they are great amplifiers ! If this amplifier does not sell you better believe I'll keep it and use it. I'm only considering selling it to get other Helix amps...

J

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Tn_Audiophile said:
I like the Helix amps...
I was planning on using two of these amplifiers, one for the right side and one for the left side, in a vertically bi-amped set-up to maximize the stereo seperation. I have the high bid on the e-bay amplifier however I have not reached the reserve amount. During all this, an opportunity to buy some Helix B-Series amplifiers has came about and I would like to go that way, they have a Class A input section.

I have owned about 4 of these HXA500 amplifiers - they are great amplifiers ! If this amplifier does not sell you better believe I'll keep it and use it. I'm only considering selling it to get other Helix amps...
J
A class A input stage? That's something I haven't seen advertised before. Aren't they all technically class A? Except for the really exotic input stages that I've just seen in the audio literature but never in a real car audio amplifier. I mean, we are talking solid state here, right?

Anyway, sounds to me like it's just marketing gimickry.

[Not that Helix makes bad amps!]

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is an excellent amplifier, I would highly recommend someone picking it up. I have one right now for my fiances car. TN_Audiophile is a great seller, I have seen the amp in person, excellent product. You cannot beat this price.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for giving the refund back so quickly. Too bad the sub channel went out before sending (glad you tested), really bummed. Oh well, I'll keep searching.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
mammoth said:
Thanks for giving the refund back so quickly. Too bad the sub channel went out before sending (glad you tested), really bummed. Oh well, I'll keep searching.

Are you saying that the sub channel on this amp doesn't work?

To the OP:

If thats the case (I dont need a sub amp) how much would you be willing to let it go for?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Helix amplifier works pefectly. I did some further testing over the weekend and I had a bad RCA cable.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Ok, well if the previous buyer still wants this I'll let them get in line ahead of me...but I'm still interested.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mammoth: If you are still interested let me know...

bass lover1: If he dosn't reply within 2 hours you are next in line.

J

1 - 20 of 25 Posts