DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Hi cmartinez, wondering if the mids are the mille legend 700.3 that would match my mille legend 1650.3 splits? Cheers sam

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Thanks Cmartinez. I'm in Australia and after exchange rates and delivery I can probably get the current model here for around your price. Sorry I can't take them off your hands. I reckon Hertz are underrated on the forum, I have the 1650.3 and 165.3 mille legend splits and a pair of the energy sub boxes with the active and passive drivers and three of the HP802 330wpc amps and it is an awesome set up. I did go with a helix ultra DSP though. The speakers are beautiful, genuine hifi, with natural timbre and lots of detail and an insanely good frequency range. I could live without subs if I had to, the splits are so good. Good luck with your sales.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
I've got a big 4wd station wagon. Mille 1650.3 legends 2 way in the front, 165.3 legends in the back. Completely awesome. Just picked up some 700.3 midranges locally in OZ for AU$350 free postage thats US$250 with free postage. So sorry Cmartinex so won't be taking those off your hands. The midbass is so good I almost don't need a sub, but I do have a great install and 3 monster HP802 330 wpc into 4 stereo amps running them. They will grab any speaker by the balls and drag every last bit of performance out of them. And bridged they are parallel 1600 watt into 2 ohm. In series it's still 1100 watts into 4 ohms.

I'm upgrading to Brax matrix front stage ML1, ML3 and ML6, with two helix C fours. Never would have considered upgrading given how good the Hertz are but Brax matrix. ...... what can I say. End game.

The 1650.3 are going in the back doors with the 700.3 mids so three way. For rear fill and my rear passengers.

Cmartinex has been a great guy, great communication and didn't get grumpy when I bailed on him. Since I am in Oz buying local is so much easier. Plus Brax :) (I'm still feeling bad about bailing on him. )

Hertz is way underrated on this forum. Not sure why, maybe it is more expensive in US than Aus and Europe.

I know it's not Brax, but it's getting up towards Helix. And some components in their range, like the SPL HP802 is a complete standout.

Cmartinex great communication and straight up honest. I'll be buying from him in the future if he has some stuff I need.

If you're tempted by his hertz gear don't be shy. great gear.great communication and seller.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
On paper the Hertz 1650's show as having more xmax than the Brax. Suprisingly the high end Brax Matrix ML6's only have +/- 4mm linear excursion.... I hope they are conservative rating as in its 4mm klippel verified under 10% distortion I wish someone would test them because thats the one thing thats been keeping me from doing a Brax front stage...
This install could take me 9 months. But ill keep you updated. Buying the Brax speakers and the helix amps emptied the savings account and I picked up a bargain pair of Audeze LCD4 planar headphones too at the same time, new from Audeze........

The mille legend 1650.3s midbass are great. Along with the 165.3 in the back doors I could survive without a subwoofer if I really had to. I have the luxury of 2 full sets of speakers in front and rear doors, so I can ramp up the bass in a number of ways. And I'll be keeping the 1650.3 in the back doors.

When I first put them in they would give a mechanical bang if I really cranked it up on bass heavy tracks, and I think it was because of the excursion and we adjusted the crossover up a bit. That fixed the problem.

Have a look at Audiogal's thread Let the Audiogal Mid-bass experimental journey begin

She went from Brax GL6 to Brax ML8

1 - 4 of 4 Posts