DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
I've got a big 4wd station wagon. Mille 1650.3 legends 2 way in the front, 165.3 legends in the back. Completely awesome. Just picked up some 700.3 midranges locally in OZ for AU$350 free postage thats US$250 with free postage. So sorry Cmartinex so won't be taking those off your hands. The midbass is so good I almost don't need a sub, but I do have a great install and 3 monster HP802 330 wpc into 4 stereo amps running them. They will grab any speaker by the balls and drag every last bit of performance out of them. And bridged they are parallel 1600 watt into 2 ohm. In series it's still 1100 watts into 4 ohms.

I'm upgrading to Brax matrix front stage ML1, ML3 and ML6, with two helix C fours. Never would have considered upgrading given how good the Hertz are but Brax matrix. ...... what can I say. End game.

The 1650.3 are going in the back doors with the 700.3 mids so three way. For rear fill and my rear passengers.

Cmartinex has been a great guy, great communication and didn't get grumpy when I bailed on him. Since I am in Oz buying local is so much easier. Plus Brax :) (I'm still feeling bad about bailing on him. )

Hertz is way underrated on this forum. Not sure why, maybe it is more expensive in US than Aus and Europe.

I know it's not Brax, but it's getting up towards Helix. And some components in their range, like the SPL HP802 is a complete standout.

Cmartinex great communication and straight up honest. I'll be buying from him in the future if he has some stuff I need.

If you're tempted by his hertz gear don't be shy. great gear.great communication and seller.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I've got a big 4wd station wagon. Mille 1650.3 legends 2 way in the front, 165.3 legends in the back. Completely awesome. Just picked up some 700.3 midranges locally in OZ for AU$350 free postage thats US$250 with free postage. So sorry Cmartinex so won't be taking those off your hands. The midbass is so good I almost don't need a sub, but I do have a great install and 3 monster HP802 330 wpc into 4 stereo amps running them. They will grab any speaker by the balls and drag every last bit of performance out of them. And bridged they are parallel 1600 watt into 2 ohm. In series it's still 1100 watts into 4 ohms.

I'm upgrading to Brax matrix front stage ML1, ML3 and ML6, with two helix C fours. Never would have considered upgrading given how good the Hertz are but Brax matrix. ...... what can I say. End game.

The 1650.3 are going in the back doors with the 700.3 mids so three way. For rear fill and my rear passengers.

Cmartinex has been a great guy, great communication and didn't get grumpy when I bailed on him. Since I am in Oz buying local is so much easier. Plus Brax :) (I'm still feeling bad about bailing on him. )

Hertz is way underrated on this forum. Not sure why, maybe it is more expensive in US than Aus and Europe.

I know it's not Brax, but it's getting up towards Helix. And some components in their range, like the SPL HP802 is a complete standout.

Cmartinex great communication and straight up honest. I'll be buying from him in the future if he has some stuff I need.

If you're tempted by his hertz gear don't be shy. great gear.great communication and seller.

On paper the Hertz 1650's show as having more xmax than the Brax. Suprisingly the high end Brax Matrix ML6's only have +/- 4mm linear excursion.... I hope they are conservative rating as in its 4mm klippel verified under 10% distortion I wish someone would test them because thats the one thing thats been keeping me from doing a Brax front stage...

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
On paper the Hertz 1650's show as having more xmax than the Brax. Suprisingly the high end Brax Matrix ML6's only have +/- 4mm linear excursion.... I hope they are conservative rating as in its 4mm klippel verified under 10% distortion I wish someone would test them because thats the one thing thats been keeping me from doing a Brax front stage...
This install could take me 9 months. But ill keep you updated. Buying the Brax speakers and the helix amps emptied the savings account and I picked up a bargain pair of Audeze LCD4 planar headphones too at the same time, new from Audeze........

The mille legend 1650.3s midbass are great. Along with the 165.3 in the back doors I could survive without a subwoofer if I really had to. I have the luxury of 2 full sets of speakers in front and rear doors, so I can ramp up the bass in a number of ways. And I'll be keeping the 1650.3 in the back doors.

When I first put them in they would give a mechanical bang if I really cranked it up on bass heavy tracks, and I think it was because of the excursion and we adjusted the crossover up a bit. That fixed the problem.

Have a look at Audiogal's thread Let the Audiogal Mid-bass experimental journey begin

She went from Brax GL6 to Brax ML8

21 - 40 of 61 Posts