DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anybody here is into home audio. I've got some basically brand-new mint entry level but solid quality home audio gear that I'm not going to use. I bought this stuff about 20 years ago with the intent of building a home theater/2 channel setup and it just never materialized as I ended up moving about three months later. This stuff is just been sitting in my closet for twenty years.

Harmon Kardon Citation 5.1 amp
Dynaudio Audience 50 bookshelf speakers
Dynaudio Contour center channel.

If I remember correctly this stuff when I bought it cost me around $2600. I'd take $1500 if someone was interested. I'll throw in a B&K Ref 20 that has an issue with it...just started acting up and I boxed it and put it away. Free... if someone is genuinely interested I'll dig it out and take pics of everything. Mayby three months of actual use on this gear. Located in Southern California/San Diego. Text okay as well as pm. 760-535-7013 Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would consider selling the amp separately but I see you're from Illinois and respectfully I'm not going to ship a 75 pound amp across the country I'm not taking that risk and the potential headache.

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
I wonder if those drivers inside the speakers are 17w75's? If so you might be able to sell the drivers separately to us car guys:)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No idea....I'm not tearing them open..but they sound awesome for entry level hifi...lol

edit..OTOH...I think they were $650??... Money talks...haha

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
contour center should have dual 6.5 drivers and 1.2 tweeter, these are very nice drivers. picture

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
pics would be good...they are not 17w75's, those had a cereal bowl cone. But they are still nice looking speakers.

·
Registered
2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
216 Posts
I wonder if those drivers inside the speakers are 17w75's? If so you might be able to sell the drivers separately to us car guys:)
They sure do. I’ve pondered pulling them out of the pair in my daughters room more than once. I could drop in some old Diamond Hex’s I have and she’d probably never notice.
They are a great speaker to enter into the 2 channel HiFi world.
I just shipped a 78 lb Bryston from Texas to Canada and it set me back $130 plus the hassle of packaging. Fortunately it was still worth a pretty penny. I’ve got an old Bryston 9BST with a couple hurt channels(still under warranty) and a Proceed Five(116lbs) that both have the same issue as the OP. Juice not worth the squeeze.

·
Registered
2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
216 Posts
pics would be good...they are not 17w75's, those had a cereal bowl cone. But they are still nice looking speakers.
I’m positive the audience 50’s have the 17w75 drivers. That was the primary reason I purchased the ones I own. Hell I sure hope so. I’ll verify when I get home. I believe there were a couple revisions over the years so early ones may not.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Amplifier pics...before anyone gets excited about a little bit of water damage on that outer box I did have a slight water leak in a bathroom that made it into a closet but since the amplifier is double boxed it never made it past the first layer into the second box because of the Styrofoam corner protectors on all 8 corners. And the amplifier was wrapped in a bag. Box was on its side.

Attachments

·
Registered
987 Posts
Are you willing to sell/ship the Audience 50 bookshelf speakers? I am interested.

·
Registered
727 Posts
FYI, according to:
(some guts pics too)
  • PP cone woofer Dynaudio 17W75 170mm, rubber surround, 75mm aluminium wire voice coil
  • soft dome tweeter Dynaudio D260 28mm, aluminium wire voice coil

1 - 17 of 17 Posts