DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things are slowing down for my spring cleanout, but I have a couple more items to go.

First is a nice Image Dynamics IDQ12. Believe this is the V1 version, has dual 4 ohm coils. This is a wonderful sub that I never expected to sell, but I'm happy enough with my Matrix Elite 10 and the small box it requires to finally let the IDQ go. Decent cosmetic shape for a used sub, functions 100%. Truly lives up to its reputation. I ran it with the coils in series in about 1.25 cubes sealed with some low end boost and loved it. $80 delivered in the Continental US.

Also am letting my PG QX500.1D go. I'm the 2nd owner of this amp, it's extremely clean. Cosmetically I'd say certainly an 8.5 and possibly a 9-. I originally planned on running this with the Soundstream Rubicon Picasso I sold last week, but I've moved up in power to a Hifonics VII Olympus and a Rockford T5002. This amp works well and is quite powerful, but the noise floor seems a little high - a slight noise can be heard if you put your ear up to the woofer cone with no signal present. Not sure if this is characteristic of these amps because it's always done it since I've owned it. Might be an issue if you have a center console sub or in a small hatchback with the car not running, but I doubt you'll be able hear it in the trunk of a sedan or with the engine on. The amp is otherwise working well. 275x1 into 4 ohms and 500x1 into 2 ohms. Subsonic filter. crossover, boost. Two 40-amp fuses. $100 delivered in the Continetal US.

Send me some PM's!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After reviewing current eBay resale, new shipped prices on these two items. IDQ12 = $65 delivered CONUS, amp $75 delivered CONUS.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amp has been sold locally. IDQ is still for sale. Surely somebody can use this sub?!

Send me some offers/PM's.

Would also be interested in trades for.............

Rockford OEQ1 or comparable processor
Behringer ECM8000 Measurement Mic in new condition
2 Farad or larger cap in decent shape
A working auto body stud gun (spot welder for pulling dents)
A decent 8" sub

Or ??????????????????

·
Registered
150 Posts
DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted that amp so bad....

Kef

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Morning Bump

*************IDQ Down To $60 Delivered ConUS***************

Cash preferred, interesting trades considered.

This thing needs to go, can't believe it hasn't sold.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
whats the wattage rating on the sub? i may be interested :)

i just checked it out and it says like 350 rms? 700 peak? sounds right by the looks of it. ill buy it from you. do you think it would work in a vented box that is 2.4 cubes and two 3x8 inch ports?? this is the box i have that i need to replaced the sub in. i can mod the ports if i have to.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a really large box. ID calls 1.5 cubes their 'large' ported enclosure for the IDQ12. I can also run your box through BassBox and give you some port specs and a response plot if you like.

Optionally, you can add some foam blocks to your box to displace air volume and 'make' it smaller if necessary.

Send me a PM and we can discuss particulars, it's a decent sub and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
yay! = ]

this is my first qaulity sub...ive only been down in the bargain subs like insignia and power acoustik. so this will be interesting

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think you will be impressed. My girlfriend is not an audio nut and she loves this sub. I have another pair of them to be re-coned at some day over the rainbow, that's how I am getting out of letting this one go.. :D

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I have another pair of them to be re-coned at some day over the rainbow
hey do they have a website? or address or what because i want to know where they are so i can get a sub re-coned in the future if i need to. and how much does re-coning cost?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
so i just got the sub today from ups. i installed it in my car and it seems a little soft on the bass but it sure does sound smooth. i just need to turn my amp up and play with the tuning a little since i just threw it in there. i had it running on a four ohm config so i had the amp turned down a little so it put out only about 250 rms but now its running at 7 ohms which is probably only around 100 - 150 (im not sure at all just guessing :) ) i turned it up a little when i installed it but i need to tune it better. i have some pics and the video i have to wait till i get home to put it on here. i took the JBL gt5-12 out and replaced it with the IDQ 12 and it looks very smooth on the front. i think i am going to router out a counter sink for it so it is fairly flush with the front of the box. thank you briansz for the sub.

pics pics pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you want it boomier, then you can begin to experiment with adding the foam blocks. I'll run a couple 'what-ifs' through the modeling software and see if that raises the Q of the enclosure to give you a little bump in output.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
If you want it boomier, then you can begin to experiment with adding the foam blocks. I'll run a couple 'what-ifs' through the modeling software and see if that raises the Q of the enclosure to give you a little bump in output.
sounds great. ive been playing some bassy songs and it does go REALLY LOW haha.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts