Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is breaking my heart, but I have to sell my McIntosh MX-406. I've come to grips that the reality is that I will probably never install it and I need to clear out anything that I'm not going to be using in the next few years. Watch this space for more offers.

I bought it from MACS in this thread: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/classifieds/54030-mcintosh-mx406-sale.html

I won't waste any time with new photos as I basically got the deck, took it out of the incredibly well packed box, hooked it up to power and tested it... then put it back into the box and put it on the shelf. Honestly, the deck is in fantastic shape and it's killing me to sell it. Note that, as described in the original post, this head unit has a tuner that is set to Japanese frequencies. I called McIntosh and they say that there is supposed to be a way to switch them back to US frequencies, but I was not able to get it to switch using their instructions. I'd be happy to provide the instructions to anyone purchasing this deck, but please understand that I'm selling this unit as a J-spec model as I certainly couldn't get the thing to switch to US frequencies. I will include an FM converter that will allow you to tune US frequencies (although you'll have to do some math to lock in the right frequency.)

Not looking to make a thing off of this... selling for what I purchased it for.

$550 shipped with insurance in CONUS

I'm not especially interested in any trades (really, I'm in purge mode again), but if you really want to propose something, feel free. Worst I could say is "no". I love things that start with "Dynaudio" and "McIntosh"...

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well... I think this is gone. Wow... that was much faster than anticipated. I guess I need to get the camera out to continue the purge...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.