McIntosh MX5000 with power supply.
Arguably the best head unit, pure transport ever produced for car audio. Now is your chance to get one.

I've had this sitting in my closet for 5 years and decided to send it off and have it looked at / gone through. The item has been professionally inspected and repairs made as needed and works 100%. Those inspections / repairs include the head unit and the power supply. The receipt will ship with the product.

The face has light marks and is in great shape overall. The side trim pieces are missing, I never had them. One tab on the left is broken off (two tabs are used to hold the trim pieces I guess). There is wear on the chassis. Overall in very nice condition and in perfect working condition.

This is a Japanese unit, so the radio frequencies are set for Japan. FYI on that.

$1650 shipped lower 48. Will require signature. I ship within 3 days of received and confirmed payment.
NOT interested in trades of any kind.

SPECS
The MX5000 has coax digital input/output (RCA digi in/out). This allows you to plug in an external device such as a dock or mp3 player etc.

The MX5000 has internal 24 bit Burr Brown DAC

HDCD® Decoder with 24 Bit 8 Times Over-Sampling Digital Filter
The MX5000 is equipped with a powerful 24 Bit digital signal processor. This digital signal processor can provide automatic HDCD decoding and 8 times over sampling digital filter function for both CD and HDCD. The HDCD decoder provides a wider dynamic range when the HDCD disc is used.

HDCD® Indicator
The MX5000 is equipped with a HDCD Indicator. The indicator will be lit when the HDCD Digital Audio Signal is present at input

Selected Grade 24 Bit Digital-to-Analog Converter
The MX5000 is equipped with a selected grade 24 Bit Digital-to-Analog Converter per channel. This advanced Digital-to-Analog Converter can provide low-distortion, low-noise and high fidelity sound.
Performance Features :

Gold Plated Terminals
McIntosh provides gold plated input and output terminals on the MX5000 for superior corrosion resistance.

Specifications
HDCD Circuitry with Indicator
Centralized Control System
FM Diversity Circuit
Automatic Loudness Circuit
DC/DC Converter
Digital Coaxial Input/Out
Ground Isolation Input Circuit
MX Power Guard
Golden Plated Connectors
External CD Multi-Disc Player (The MX5000 has provisions for the connection and operation of an external CD Multi-Disc Player MCD5000)

FM
Useable Sensitivity: 9dBf with is 0.8 V across 75 ohms
Signal to Noise Ratio: 70dB (IHF-A0
Frequency Response +3, -3dB from 30 to 15,000 Hz

AM
Sensitivity: 28dBf
Signal to Noise Ratio: 50dB at 100% modulation
Frequency Response: +0, -15dB 30Hz to 4kHz

CD
Frequency Response: +- 5dB 5 Hz to 20,000 Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio: 100dB (EIAJ)

Audio
Rated Output: 3.0Vrms
Output Impedance: 47 ohms
AUX input sensitivity: 700mV for high setting, 1,400mV for low setting
AUX input
Digital Decoding

Rectangle Font Wood Gas Kitchen utensil
Circuit component Font Hardware programmer Electronic device Electronic component
Musical instrument Electronic instrument Handwriting Gadget Font
Office equipment Handwriting Office supplies Font Electronic instrument
Circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic component Electrical wiring Electrical supply
Brown Circuit component Font Electronic component Electronic device
Home appliance Electronic instrument Audio equipment Kitchen appliance Wood
Kitchen appliance Home appliance Gas Audio equipment Musical instrument accessory
Product Handwriting Font Wood Office equipment
Office equipment Font Gas Home appliance Audio equipment
Rectangle Font Wood Gas Kitchen utensil