DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
decided to start a new thread to sell these as I am keeping the PPI and just going with simple 2 amp system. I planned on keeping these but a friend had an amp I really wanted and he was out of job so I helped him out and bought it..now I got to let go of something. these are great looking amps

This is for 2 MK2.70 amps and 1 MX1 electronic 2 way crossover. I bought 1 amp and the xover off here and I got the other amp off ebay. Both work 100% and installed in my car now.

MK2.70
4 x 70W @ 4 ohms (0.04% THD)
4 x 100W @ 2 ohms (0.08% THD)
2 x 200W @ 4 ohms bridge

thd at max power is 0.06%
damping is >500
sn/ratio is >100db

These are great amps..built with great parts and in a small package. I have them both mounted under driver seat with no problem.

$180 shipped for all the together....

I can seperate the amps but I think its a better deal all in one.

I am pulling them out this weekend and will take good pics so be patient...

info on these amps...

Here's the straight talk on Monitor-1 amps....the REAL straight talk.

Monitor-1 amps were the initial effort of the original 2 companies that eventually split Monitor-1 and ARC Audio....AND... AARP of America. AARPA is more commonly known as the parent company of Zapco. Monitor-1 amps are NOT Zapco amps. ARRPA was contracted to design AND build the M-1 amps. This is where the poop hit the fan and still does.

There exists "denial" at many levels about the country of origin of the Monitor-1 amps and AARPA's involvement. What I can tell you for FACT (as in documentation) is that Made in the USA by AARP of America (or MAde by ARRPA USA) is the sticker on these amps (cant remember which sticker) but anyone who says ARRPA did not design and build these amps is either BS'ing you for some political reason...or..is totally mis-informed, as there was quite a bit of back-tracking about these amps by AARPA and people associated with them (who may very well pop up in this thread any moment screaming FOUL!!!). My assumption is AARPA (aka Zapco) has this notion that by admitting this, would affect the great Zapco name..a bit silly I think.

ARC Audio did not build them, nor are these amps part of ARC,nor is Monitor-1 part of ARC. Monitor-1 was a start-up division that never made it off the ground and thankfully ARC became the company that did. Monitor-1 amps were being sold off, end of story and Monitor-1.

so...the Monitor-1 amps are a great amp, designed by a great build house and built by AARPA somewhere...who cares, these amps are excellent. A few came thru with cold solder joints here and there but that was about the only issues we eve had with them. they were robust, sounded great and exhibited about 15% more than rated power...one reason we called the 70 watters a 100 watter and the 120 watter a 150 watter...per channel.

Now...ANY one who claims that AARPA did not design and build these is either: 1) you are wrong.. or...2) you are mis-informed...OR..3) AARPA is in serious trouble for mis-representing these amps and their origin. If #3 is true,, then why do the amps carry the AARPA sticker and why did they come DIRECTLY from AARPA ?

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pm's answered pics tonight after I remove them

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've got 3 monitor1 amps, they pwn. Clean no frills power. How easy is it to get the bottom piece off? I never tried but would like to show the guts in my install

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
That's a hell of deal considering I've personally sold an MX-1 for over $50 and the 2.70's go for $80-100 ea on ebay all the time - all without shipping included!

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok fellas....

I made a mistake...in the listing

its 2 amps ...both 2 channels.....

2 x 70 ...for some reason I put 4 in the original post...

someone needs to make a move cause when i pull them out I am going to ebay the set together and probably get $200 for it or more

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I now have both amps removed and will be taking pics soon as I clean them off ....this is 2 amps and one crossover...I know I had messed up the topic and the description. Pics will show exactly what it is.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bump

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
time is running out as I do believe I can get $200 for the set and am thinking egay soon..

tiffany style rca inputs ....elna capacitors....these are great amps....but like I said...I got a fress MS275 coming so I am going to run it..

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bump

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
these beauties are now sold....thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts