Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Product Brand & Model:

Nakamichi CD-700 (JDM version - Japenese Domestic Market)

Condition of all items:

Very nice shape. Sounds beautiful! Made in Japan.

8/10 - Cosmetically ("TrackScan" label nearly rubbed off on face, some light corrosion around top plate on DC-DC converter box)

10/10 - Functional

Total Price: :

$450, includes shipping

Shipping Terms: :

Shipping included to lower 48. Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada a little extra.

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

Haven't seen one of these legendary units in a while. Been testing on the bench for a few weeks and no issues at all. No skipping, no load or eject problems, no LCD bleeding. Been solid. Let me know if you have any questions.

Retail = $1700 (back in year 2000)

Some highlights:

*4-gang, analog volume control, which substantially improves channel separation and sound quality, according to Nakamichi (so buttery smooth!)
* 5 mm-thick solid aluminum faceplate (not a scratch on it)

Inputs/Outputs:
Digital Input - Coax (Works awesome with my Fiio X3/X5!)
Digital Output - Coax
AUX In - Analog RCA
5V Front and Rear Pre-outs - Analog RCA
32, 44.1 or 48 kHz sampling frequency auto selected

Preamplifier Section:
Frequency Response: 15-30,000 Hz ± 1 dB (AUX to Pre-Out)
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.001% (1 kHz)
AUX Input Level/Impedance: 1 V/10 kohms
CDC Input Level/Impedance: 1 V/10 kohms
Output Level: 5 V

Tone Controls: (CAN BE DEFEATED)
Bass:
± 12 dB @ 20 Hz
Midrange:
± 9 dB @ 1 kHz
Treble:
± 6 dB @ 20 kHz

CD Player Section:
Error Correction: CIRC Principle
Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
D/A Converter Type: 24-bit ladder-type D/A converter with 8-times oversampling digital filter
Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 Hz ± 1 dB
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: Better than 105 dB
Dynamic Range: Better than 100 dB
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.003% (1 kHz)

NOTE: The JDM version does not have a sub pre-out (US/World version does have sub pre-out).

This version has a Japanese tuner (76-90 MHz). Needs an FM expander to get entire US FM range. Best ones here:

Electronic Developments Ltd - Radio Band Expanders for imported cars - New Zealand

fm BAND e x p a n d e r s

More Info and old CarSound Review:

http://http://www.w124performance.com/docs/general/Nakamichi_CD_700/CD-700_info.htm

Nakamichi CD700

Nakamichi CD700 Charts

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
Seeing as this has a digital in/out would one, theoretically, be able to run formats other than CD via that input/output?

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
possibly the best pure sq unit ever made in my honest opinion

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I've bought from the seller... Unbelievably great seller!

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the free bumps and compliments everyone!

And @mfenske, yes the digital coax in can be used for anything with a digital coax (s/pdif) output. If you are thinking digital audio players here are some to consider:

Fiio X1, X3, X5
iBasso DX50, DX90, DX100
Colorfly C4
older iRiver H120 and H140 (have to "Rockbox" to get FLAC support, I think)
Cowon D3 (maybe others)
iPods, connected through the Pure i-20

Also, Nakamichi CD changers, such as the MF-41 and MF-51 have digital coax out.

The digital output would send the CD out digitally to a processor, if one wanted to bypass the Nakamichi's DAC.

I imagine it would send the signal from a digital audio player digital input straight through and out, without any D/A conversion, too, but if you were sending to a DSP, you could just run the player straight to the DSP.

Hope that helps. And everything is correct...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow, sounds like this beast would destroy my newer technology Pioneer 80prs. Was already thinking of changing out my front stage to Phass or Morel with possibly an Audison VRX4.300 to power them, the sonic bliss that would be

·
Registered
164 Posts
Goodluck with the sale.

Hows the SM 500 coming about till now?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Yawar538. The SM 500 combo is good. Not currently installed, but I am making an interface cable so that the dealer dsp software can be used with it. Unfortunately, might have to sell it soon...

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SOLD on the eBay...

I may have my Nakamichi CD-700II (also JDM) up for sale soon, too. It has some LCD bleed at the top of the display, but all else is excellent and 100% functional. Going to see if I can change out the display with a nicer one.

·
Registered
164 Posts
@Yawar538. The SM 500 combo is good. Not currently installed, but I am making an interface cable so that the dealer dsp software can be used with it. Unfortunately, might have to sell it soon...
Thats great. :)

Do suggest a cheap HU which supports digital out for a DSP.

Do you have the dealer software?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.