DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Product Brand & Model:

Nakamichi CD-700II (JDM version - Japenese Domestic Market)

Condition of all items:

Excellent shape. Sounds really beautiful!

9/10 - Only issue is a VERY small amount of LCD bleed in the top right corner of display. See close up photos. A few light scratches on display plexiglass, usual for age).

10/10 - Functional

Total Price: :

$575, includes shipping

No trades at this time.

Shipping Terms: :

Included to lower 48. Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, UK, extra.

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Pictures later tonight.

Additional info:

Haven't seen one of these legendary units in a while, since I sold my CD-700. :) Been testing this one on the bench for a few weeks also and no issues at all. No skipping, no load or eject problems. Been rock solid. Let me know if you have any questions. Comes with the CD transport lock plate!

Only selling, because I have a limited production Nakamichi CD-700 Millennium (Special Shop Version of the CD-700).

Retail = $1700 - $2000(?) (back in year 2004)

Some highlights:

*4-gang, analog volume control, which is supposed to substantially improve channel separation and sound quality (so buttery smooth!)
* 5 mm-thick solid aluminum faceplate (no scratches)
* Upgraded (as compared to the original CD-700) and stronger magnetic disc clamping system. This stronger magnetic force and refined disc chucking assembly is responsible for greater stability and a substantial reduction in jitter.

Inputs/Outputs:
Digital Input - Coax (Works awesome with my Fiio X3/X5!)
Digital Output - Coax
AUX In - Analog RCA
5V Front and Rear Pre-outs - Analog RCA
32, 44.1 or 48 kHz sampling frequency auto selected

Preamplifier Section:
Frequency Response: 15-30,000 Hz ± 1 dB (AUX to Pre-Out)
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.001% (1 kHz)
AUX Input Level/Impedance: 1 V/10 kohms
CDC Input Level/Impedance: 1 V/10 kohms
Output Level: 5 V

Tone Controls: (CAN BE DEFEATED)
Bass:
± 12 dB @ 20 Hz
Midrange:
± 9 dB @ 1 kHz
Treble:
± 6 dB @ 20 kHz

CD Player Section:
Error Correction: CIRC Principle
Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
D/A Converter Type: Hand-selected left and right channel 24-bit ladder-type D/A converter with 8-times oversampling digital filter
Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 Hz ±1 dB
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: Better than 105 dB
Dynamic Range: Better than 100 dB
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.001% (1 kHz)

NOTE: The JDM version does not have a sub pre-out (don't know if the US/World version CD-700II did or not...).

ALSO NOTE: Not that it should matter, but the JDM CD-700II was Made in China. The US/World versions of the CD-700II were Made in Malaysia, NOT Japan (like the CD-700).

This version has a Japanese tuner (76-90 MHz). Needs an FM expander to get entire US FM range. Best ones here:

Electronic Developments Ltd - Radio Band Expanders for imported cars - New Zealand

fm BAND e x p a n d e r s

More Info and old CarSound Review (of the original CD-700):

CD-700II

http://www.nakamichi.com/pdf/Naka%20-%20CD700II%20FA.pdf

Nakamichi CD700

Nakamichi CD700 Charts

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

Attachments

· Registered
361 Posts
There's one BNIB on eBay for $2,400.00 now. Cheapest one there is $500.00 and its not working.

Nice unit there

· Registered
938 Posts
Still a nice cd player.
I'm hoping more units with great processing built is.
Preferably DVD players..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.