DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cleanout continues!

Brand: O.G. Phoenix Gold

Cond: One GREAT, one acceptable. See desc.

Price: $187.50 + ACTUAL S/H for pair

S/H - buyer pays actual. Items will ship in 2 boxes...I prefer you print your own label and email to me once I send the dimensions and weight...

Up for grabs, a pair of PG XS10 4 ohm SVC subs.

#1) One sub in near flawless condition, only minimal signs of wear for a sub of this age. NO rot, no issues. Sounds excellent. Cone spotless.

Price: $125.00

#2) 2nd sub in "good" condition. One small spot on surround where it was knicked with something LONG ago, but it's not split or penetrating the rubber in the rear. (Has been this way since new/ 2003.) Glue on spider has a few bubbles (pictured) from the factory. Has been like that since New. Spider intact and speaker sounds fine.

No rot! Cone spotless!

Price $62.50

The catch? You gotta take em both.

These are the true Carbon Fiber cones, NOT paper with a CF veneer. Known as some of their best SQ subs, and they still put out today!

(One of them actually blew the corner of the orig MDF box loose, which I mistook for VC noise until I pulled both subs and saw the issue was my enclosure. And I claim to be a good tech...sheesh...)

I'm new here, but NOT a noob. Been in the audio business since star-69 was the only "caller ID."

Will provide adequate credentials to serious buyer.

These go for $160e plus shipping on theBay. Grab a pair for a decent price, from ORIGINAL owner.

On to the pics:

160ea

Attachments

·
Registered
644 Posts
this seems like a great deal, if i was in a financial position to horde equipment, or i wasnt a "this is exactly how im doing the next build" type of person id probably grab them, but ive decided 2 SBP-15's or bust for the next build

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. They're great SQ speakers. In a hatch, they sound great. In a sedan, they sound great. Definitely won't keep up with a pair of 15s though lol 👍

·
Registered
338 Posts
I remember these from when I had just left car audio. A friend had a single 10 with an M series amp on it. Sounded great.

I have too many old school subs sitting around already or would be picking these up & looking for another place to stash them.

Bump for some awesome old school PG. GLWS.

·
Registered
695 Posts
That would be very sad to throw them on ebay @10% commission or whatever its up to but it’s only been 2 days give them some more time. You’ve had them 18 yrs whats a couple more months. Good
Luck!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True! But easier to say when you don't have my wife in your ear like a buzzsaw!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts